Keeping it green - awards for North Devon parks
Green Flag awards for Bicclescombe and Yeo Valley Woodland.
TWO North Devon parks have retained their Green Flag awards for excellence.
Bicclescombe Park in Ilfracombe is flying the flag for the ninth year, while Yeo Valley Community Woodland in Barnstaple does so for the second year running.
Both have successfully proved to judges that they are among the best parks and open spaces in the country.
North Devon Council’s executive member for culture, Councillor Derrick Spear, said: “I am delighted that we have retained these two prestigious awards. A considerable amount of work has been done by both the council staff and indeed the two communities involved, in partnership with us.”
You may also want to watch:
In just six years the woodland at Yeo Valley has grown from an unused scrap of land to a much-loved woodland with a very active community group.
Yeo Valley ward member, Cllr Lesley Brown, said: “The residents and users of Yeo Valley Woodland will be delighted that for the second year running the woodland has achieved a Green Flag, and when you are stood at the highest point there is no better place to see the whole of Barnstaple.”
- 1 £2.1m upgrade will provide space for 38 new North Devon jobs
- 2 Torrington woman rebuilds her life after devastating stroke
- 3 Real ice rink coming to Barnstaple Christmas Village
- 4 Vandalism at Bideford's Brunswick Wharf development condemned
- 5 Cyclist left with ‘serious head injuries’ after incident in Bideford
- 6 Fangtastic half-term Halloween fun at Yeo Valley Woodland
- 7 Bid for £34 million to improve Devon's bus services submitted
- 8 New app 'Dscvr' promoting North Devon town centres set to launch
- 9 Bideford's First Food and Drink Festival coming soon
- 10 Charity staff praised for support helping customers get online