Keep an eye on the ravens
The European Union and all that it stands for may be anathema to the many and not as democratic as most would wish.
However, I do think each and every one who voted against the three main parties in this May’s county elections acted irresponsibly and insensitively.
Not only towards Europe and all it stands for, but also towards your future within Europe, giving our partners little or no confidence with us here in England – or should I say little England?
Perhaps such parties as UKIP and EDL (English Defence League) would, in my opinion, be far better employed keeping a close eye on the ravens of the Tower of London, as they pursue their policy of inward-looking isolation and keeping this country “set in the silver sea” away from its European destiny.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 'No Fuel' - Panic buying and fuel shortages hit North Devon
- 2 £34,000 raised for plumber Jed Mason with stage four cancer in less than 48 hours
- 3 Celebrations as gate to Pilton's Manning's Pit officially opened
- 4 Clubber denies headbutt assault in Barnstaple
- 5 One of Bideford's oldest tea rooms sold at auction
- 6 Staff at Wimpy Barnstaple receive special bonus
- 7 Brunswick Wharf developer given grant money to fix quay wall
- 8 Dignitaries formally open Penrose Almshouses in Barnstaple
- 9 North Devon MP Selaine Saxby receives parliamentary promotion
- 10 Mercy for Lynton farm shop keeper who grew cannabis