Keeley's May Fair secret
TORRINGTON schoolgirl Keeley Allin has a special role to play in the town s May Fair celebrations this year - and a vital secret to keep! Keeley, 13, will be playing her part in choosing the theme, style and colours of the dresses for the May Queen, her c
TORRINGTON schoolgirl Keeley Allin has a special role to play in the town's May Fair celebrations this year - and a vital secret to keep!
Keeley, 13, will be playing her part in choosing the theme, style and colours of the dresses for the May Queen, her crowner and attendants.
These are the town's best-kept secrets, only revealed when the 12 youngsters who create the highlight of the week at the crowning ceremony, enter the town square at midday on May 6.
The style of the costumes is traditionally chosen by the Mayoress of Torrington and for the past year Keeley has been carrying out the role of consort to her mother, Mayor of Torrington Cllr Sue Mills.
You may also want to watch:
Keeley, who is the youngest person to carry out the special May Fair duty, is being helped by family friend Angie Harper and the skills of dressmaker Sue Buckingham.
Will her choices reflect her young age? Keeley is maintaining her silence.
- 1 Council and police step up Covid enforcement in North Devon
- 2 Man charged with murder of Northam pensioner
- 3 Terrified shoppers fled Devon city centre attack
- 4 Three more Covid deaths at North Devon District Hospital but cases are falling
- 5 Times Past: Bodysnatching in the centre of Barnstaple
- 6 Times Past: How South Molton centrepiece came to be
- 7 Developer 'lost for words' as town council rejects £20m Bideford wharf plans
- 8 Suspect remains in custody as Northam murder enquiry continues
- 9 Ram raid burglar jailed after rampaging crime spree
- 10 Murder enquiry launched at Northam after death of elderly woman
She would only say that this year's outfits will not be too modern or too old fashioned, but typically May Fair.
Keeley will say no more - and is even keeping her choices secret from her mother until the big day!