Keeley's May Fair secret
TORRINGTON schoolgirl Keeley Allin has a special role to play in the town s May Fair celebrations this year - and a vital secret to keep! Keeley, 13, will be playing her part in choosing the theme, style and colours of the dresses for the May Queen, her c
TORRINGTON schoolgirl Keeley Allin has a special role to play in the town's May Fair celebrations this year - and a vital secret to keep!
Keeley, 13, will be playing her part in choosing the theme, style and colours of the dresses for the May Queen, her crowner and attendants.
These are the town's best-kept secrets, only revealed when the 12 youngsters who create the highlight of the week at the crowning ceremony, enter the town square at midday on May 6.
The style of the costumes is traditionally chosen by the Mayoress of Torrington and for the past year Keeley has been carrying out the role of consort to her mother, Mayor of Torrington Cllr Sue Mills.
You may also want to watch:
Keeley, who is the youngest person to carry out the special May Fair duty, is being helped by family friend Angie Harper and the skills of dressmaker Sue Buckingham.
Will her choices reflect her young age? Keeley is maintaining her silence.
- 1 52-year-old man dies in three car crash between Bideford and Torrington
- 2 Police investigate midnight assault on scooter rider in Barnstaple
- 3 North Devon Healthcare Trust department awarded Academic status
- 4 Northam Murder: Grieving family condemn killer's lies and cruelty
- 5 Barnstaple Fair set to return for 2021 - 'May the show go on!'
- 6 Man dies after 'single vehicle collision' on the A386
- 7 Northam Murder: 'Merciless' carer gets life for killing client who caught him stealing
- 8 MP opens new Northam Burrows Visitor Centre at Westward Ho!
- 9 Northam Murder: Carer guilty of brutal murder of frail widow
- 10 Man dies after crash involving two lorries and a motorbike near Torrington
She would only say that this year's outfits will not be too modern or too old fashioned, but typically May Fair.
Keeley will say no more - and is even keeping her choices secret from her mother until the big day!