Keeley's May Fair secret
TORRINGTON schoolgirl Keeley Allin has a special role to play in the town s May Fair celebrations this year - and a vital secret to keep! Keeley, 13, will be playing her part in choosing the theme, style and colours of the dresses for the May Queen, her c
TORRINGTON schoolgirl Keeley Allin has a special role to play in the town's May Fair celebrations this year - and a vital secret to keep!
Keeley, 13, will be playing her part in choosing the theme, style and colours of the dresses for the May Queen, her crowner and attendants.
These are the town's best-kept secrets, only revealed when the 12 youngsters who create the highlight of the week at the crowning ceremony, enter the town square at midday on May 6.
The style of the costumes is traditionally chosen by the Mayoress of Torrington and for the past year Keeley has been carrying out the role of consort to her mother, Mayor of Torrington Cllr Sue Mills.
You may also want to watch:
Keeley, who is the youngest person to carry out the special May Fair duty, is being helped by family friend Angie Harper and the skills of dressmaker Sue Buckingham.
Will her choices reflect her young age? Keeley is maintaining her silence.
- 1 Real ice rink coming to Barnstaple Christmas Village
- 2 Torrington woman rebuilds her life after devastating stroke
- 3 £2.1m upgrade will provide space for 38 new North Devon jobs
- 4 Vandalism at Bideford's Brunswick Wharf development condemned
- 5 Cyclist left with ‘serious head injuries’ after incident in Bideford
- 6 Fangtastic half-term Halloween fun at Yeo Valley Woodland
- 7 Bid for £34 million to improve Devon's bus services submitted
- 8 New app 'Dscvr' promoting North Devon town centres set to launch
- 9 Charity staff praised for support helping customers get online
- 10 Firework display set to return to Barnstaple Rugby Club for 2021
She would only say that this year's outfits will not be too modern or too old fashioned, but typically May Fair.
Keeley will say no more - and is even keeping her choices secret from her mother until the big day!