Keeley's May Fair secret
TORRINGTON schoolgirl Keeley Allin has a special role to play in the town s May Fair celebrations this year - and a vital secret to keep! Keeley, 13, will be playing her part in choosing the theme, style and colours of the dresses for the May Queen, her c
TORRINGTON schoolgirl Keeley Allin has a special role to play in the town's May Fair celebrations this year - and a vital secret to keep!
Keeley, 13, will be playing her part in choosing the theme, style and colours of the dresses for the May Queen, her crowner and attendants.
These are the town's best-kept secrets, only revealed when the 12 youngsters who create the highlight of the week at the crowning ceremony, enter the town square at midday on May 6.
The style of the costumes is traditionally chosen by the Mayoress of Torrington and for the past year Keeley has been carrying out the role of consort to her mother, Mayor of Torrington Cllr Sue Mills.
You may also want to watch:
Keeley, who is the youngest person to carry out the special May Fair duty, is being helped by family friend Angie Harper and the skills of dressmaker Sue Buckingham.
Will her choices reflect her young age? Keeley is maintaining her silence.
- 1 Fugitive jailed after car chase between Bideford and Barnstaple
- 2 Hotel restriction in Westward Ho! will not be lifted
- 3 Finance manager jailed for stealing almost £1m from Witheridge company
- 4 Bid to make Ilfracombe pier car park long stay rejected
- 5 Jail for toothache attacker in North Molton
- 6 'Once-in-a-generation' Bideford development given 'full support'
- 7 Man hospitalised after alleyway assault in South Molton
- 8 Police seek driver after horse riders injured in Westward Ho! incident
- 9 Man wielding knife arrested in Barnstaple park
- 10 Braunton farmer admits ploughing up 'semi natural' land
She would only say that this year's outfits will not be too modern or too old fashioned, but typically May Fair.
Keeley will say no more - and is even keeping her choices secret from her mother until the big day!