Katie is guest of honour at CF ball
- Credit: Archant
Gala ball is held in support of Barnstaple youngster the Cystic Fibroses Trust.
A TEENAGER awaiting a lifesaving double lung transplant was guest of honour at a gala ball held to raise money for the Cystic Fibroses Trust.
Katie Gammon, who suffers from the illness herself, was invited to attend the fund-raiser organised by Petroc travel and tourism students.
Co-organiser Charlotte Wotton said the event at the Barnstaple Hotel on Wednesday night raised £1,270 in aid of the charity.
Katie, 14, from Barnstaple, is confined to a wheelchair and needs 24-hour oxygen but has recently learned she is top of the transplant list.
You may also want to watch:
Katie and her family have been campaigning to encourage people to sign the organ donor register today and help save a life tomorrow.
Currently around 10,000 people need a transplant in the UK and three people die waiting every day. To add your name to the Organ Donor Register, visit www.organdonation.nhs.uk, telephone 0300 123 2323 or text JOIN to 84880.
- 1 North Devon's largest private employer needs workers to expand
- 2 'Controversial' plan to close mental health centres in North Devon
- 3 820 homes approved for Landkey despite council concern
- 4 North Devon optometrist highlights 'ticking timebomb' vision crisis
- 5 Holidaymaker jailed for attacking partner in Ilfracombe
- 6 New Archdeacon of Barnstaple begins her role at special service in Bideford
- 7 North Devon Emergency Department in top ten for patient experience
- 8 Great Big Green Week backed by North Devon Council
- 9 Northam man who searched for child pornography sent on treatment course
- 10 Tributes paid to North Devon librarian Ian Tansley