Katie is guest of honour at CF ball
- Credit: Archant
Gala ball is held in support of Barnstaple youngster the Cystic Fibroses Trust.
A TEENAGER awaiting a lifesaving double lung transplant was guest of honour at a gala ball held to raise money for the Cystic Fibroses Trust.
Katie Gammon, who suffers from the illness herself, was invited to attend the fund-raiser organised by Petroc travel and tourism students.
Co-organiser Charlotte Wotton said the event at the Barnstaple Hotel on Wednesday night raised £1,270 in aid of the charity.
Katie, 14, from Barnstaple, is confined to a wheelchair and needs 24-hour oxygen but has recently learned she is top of the transplant list.
You may also want to watch:
Katie and her family have been campaigning to encourage people to sign the organ donor register today and help save a life tomorrow.
Currently around 10,000 people need a transplant in the UK and three people die waiting every day. To add your name to the Organ Donor Register, visit www.organdonation.nhs.uk, telephone 0300 123 2323 or text JOIN to 84880.
- 1 Man arrested after 'serious assault' outside Barnstaple nightclub
- 2 Drink driver banned after Ilfracombe Lidl crash
- 3 Assault and attempted robbery near Tarka Trail
- 4 Braunton assault leaves teen with 'serious head injuries' - witness appeal
- 5 Scream mask knifeman caused terror at Barnstaple play park
- 6 Contractor appointed to repair Rock Park Bridge
- 7 Man, 22, arrested after cyclist dies in Bideford crash
- 8 North Devon benefit fiddler must cash in pension to repay the money
- 9 Yelland Quay development refused - Campaigners celebrate
- 10 Man dies in crash involving bicycle and car in Bideford