Katie checks out for Peter Andre concert!
Youngster presents hospital staff with money raised during Tarka Walk.
A PETER Andre concert was just the ticket for seriously ill Barnstaple teenager Katie Gammon.
Katie, 14, is awaiting a double lung transplant due to the onset of cystic fibrosis, and had been in and out of hospital battling an infection for several weeks.
But she was given the all-clear to check out of North Devon District Hospital on Thursday afternoon – just in time to see the Australian star perform in Minehead on Saturday night.
And she didn’t leave the Caroline Thorpe Ward without presenting staff with a cheque for �1,700 – money raised by 136 people taking parting in a seven-mile sponsored walk along the Tarka Trail last month.
You may also want to watch:
The money – just a fraction of the �3,400 raised – has paid for a new a spirometer, which will be used by specialist cystic fibrosis nurse Jan Williams to measure lung capacity in patients.
The total amount includes �424.27 raised by pupils at Ashleigh Primary School and a �750 donation from Barnstaple Round Table.
- 1 Northam Murder: Carer guilty of brutal murder of frail widow
- 2 Woman reportedly assaulted at Bideford park - Police seek witnesses
- 3 Man dies after 'single vehicle collision' on the A386
- 4 Man dies after crash involving two lorries and a motorbike near Torrington
- 5 Northam Murder: Judge tells jury to put aside emotion
- 6 Evidence of damage found at Iron Age monument near Ilfracombe
- 7 £60,000 street marshal investment to make North Devon safer
- 8 Northam murder suspect accused of telling a 'litany of lies' about killing
- 9 South Molton pub attacker must pay compensation after kicking customer in head
- 10 Lockdown breaker caught dealing cannabis in Barnstaple
Dad Andrew Gammon said: “All of the donations will go to help so many people past, present and future – we are very happy to be able to raise this amount of money for these causes.”
Mum Angie Hart said Katie was able to use her new wheelchair at the Peter Andre Concert on Saturday night.
“It’s so much easier to get around now – she had a great time,” she said.