'Kathleen' sails into Clovelly
HISTORIC Bideford-based schooner, the Kathleen and May has called in at neighbouring Clovelly. The century old cargo sailing ship - first launched in April 1900 - is the only wooden triple-masted sailing schooner still in existence and one of only 60 fa
HISTORIC Bideford-based schooner, the "Kathleen and May" has called in at neighbouring Clovelly.
The century old cargo sailing ship - first launched in April 1900 - is the only wooden triple-masted sailing schooner still in existence and one of only 60 famous tall ships on the UK's National Register of Historic Vessels.
The Kathleen and May once carried everything from salt to gunpowder and has been completely and sympathetically renovated to its original 1900 specification.
Visitors to Clovelly from now until Sunday (June 20) will be able to take a closer look aboard a ferry boat trip while she is moored in the bay.
You may also want to watch:
A number of special sailing cruises have been organised between now and then, weather conditions and passenger numbers permitting.
For more information, telephone 07741 009991, or for general enquiries telephone (01237) 431781.
- 1 MISSING: Police search for Peter Hughes from Combe Martin area
- 2 North Devon charity organises Routes of Remembrance
- 3 'Neglected' North Devon taxi firm challenged by councillors
- 4 Firework display set to return to Barnstaple Rugby Club for 2021
- 5 Devon health boss 'concerned' at low Covid booster uptake
- 6 Developer sponsors Shammy FC youth teams
- 7 £2.1m upgrade will provide space for 38 new North Devon jobs
- 8 'Kinky Boots' coming to Barnstaple's Queen's Theatre
- 9 Link centre consultation 'absolute nonsense' say campaigners
- 10 People and businesses asked to join Barnstaple clean up