'Kathleen' sails into Clovelly
HISTORIC Bideford-based schooner, the Kathleen and May has called in at neighbouring Clovelly. The century old cargo sailing ship - first launched in April 1900 - is the only wooden triple-masted sailing schooner still in existence and one of only 60 fa
HISTORIC Bideford-based schooner, the "Kathleen and May" has called in at neighbouring Clovelly.
The century old cargo sailing ship - first launched in April 1900 - is the only wooden triple-masted sailing schooner still in existence and one of only 60 famous tall ships on the UK's National Register of Historic Vessels.
The Kathleen and May once carried everything from salt to gunpowder and has been completely and sympathetically renovated to its original 1900 specification.
Visitors to Clovelly from now until Sunday (June 20) will be able to take a closer look aboard a ferry boat trip while she is moored in the bay.
You may also want to watch:
A number of special sailing cruises have been organised between now and then, weather conditions and passenger numbers permitting.
For more information, telephone 07741 009991, or for general enquiries telephone (01237) 431781.
- 1 Council and police step up Covid enforcement in North Devon
- 2 Man charged with murder of Northam pensioner
- 3 Terrified shoppers fled Devon city centre attack
- 4 Three more Covid deaths at North Devon District Hospital but cases are falling
- 5 Times Past: Bodysnatching in the centre of Barnstaple
- 6 Times Past: How South Molton centrepiece came to be
- 7 Developer 'lost for words' as town council rejects £20m Bideford wharf plans
- 8 Suspect remains in custody as Northam murder enquiry continues
- 9 Ram raid burglar jailed after rampaging crime spree
- 10 Murder enquiry launched at Northam after death of elderly woman