'Kathleen' sails into Clovelly
HISTORIC Bideford-based schooner, the Kathleen and May has called in at neighbouring Clovelly. The century old cargo sailing ship - first launched in April 1900 - is the only wooden triple-masted sailing schooner still in existence and one of only 60 fa
HISTORIC Bideford-based schooner, the "Kathleen and May" has called in at neighbouring Clovelly.
The century old cargo sailing ship - first launched in April 1900 - is the only wooden triple-masted sailing schooner still in existence and one of only 60 famous tall ships on the UK's National Register of Historic Vessels.
The Kathleen and May once carried everything from salt to gunpowder and has been completely and sympathetically renovated to its original 1900 specification.
Visitors to Clovelly from now until Sunday (June 20) will be able to take a closer look aboard a ferry boat trip while she is moored in the bay.
You may also want to watch:
A number of special sailing cruises have been organised between now and then, weather conditions and passenger numbers permitting.
For more information, telephone 07741 009991, or for general enquiries telephone (01237) 431781.
- 1 County Council Elections: Candidates for North Devon
- 2 Police appeal after Barnstaple brawl
- 3 New Barnstaple restaurant offers Fine Dining at Home
- 4 County Council Elections: Candidates for Torridge
- 5 Devon County Council Elections: Candidate lists for North Devon and Torridge
- 6 Dog Restrictions come into force on Westward Ho! Beach
- 7 Candidates for police and crime commissioner have their say
- 8 Ilfracombe Drive-In Cinema returns this May
- 9 Pensioner gets suspended sentence for 'unspeakable abuse images'
- 10 New food delivery service launched in Barnstaple