'Kathleen' sails into Clovelly
HISTORIC Bideford-based schooner, the Kathleen and May has called in at neighbouring Clovelly. The century old cargo sailing ship - first launched in April 1900 - is the only wooden triple-masted sailing schooner still in existence and one of only 60 fa
HISTORIC Bideford-based schooner, the "Kathleen and May" has called in at neighbouring Clovelly.
The century old cargo sailing ship - first launched in April 1900 - is the only wooden triple-masted sailing schooner still in existence and one of only 60 famous tall ships on the UK's National Register of Historic Vessels.
The Kathleen and May once carried everything from salt to gunpowder and has been completely and sympathetically renovated to its original 1900 specification.
Visitors to Clovelly from now until Sunday (June 20) will be able to take a closer look aboard a ferry boat trip while she is moored in the bay.
You may also want to watch:
A number of special sailing cruises have been organised between now and then, weather conditions and passenger numbers permitting.
For more information, telephone 07741 009991, or for general enquiries telephone (01237) 431781.
- 1 Plan for 173 homes on Torrington Creamery site approved despite no affordable homes
- 2 Crash and assault in Ilfracombe - Police appeal
- 3 Northam Murder: Carer denies killing widow Carol Hart
- 4 PICTURES: Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall visit The Burton at Bideford
- 5 Jewellery and cash stolen in Barnstaple burglary
- 6 Rosemoor transforms into Wonderland for the summer holidays
- 7 Changes to reporting planning breaches in North Devon
- 8 New ‘inside-out’ art gallery coming to Ilfracombe
- 9 Busy thirteen days for Appledore RNLI
- 10 Northam Murder: Accused carer told police he 'loved her to bits'