Junior doctors to go on strike in North Devon
- Credit: Archant
The Northern Devon Healthcare Trust says some patients may be affected by the 24-hour strike.
Junior doctors are preparing to go on a 24-hour strike in North Devon tomorrow (Tuesday).
The industrial action is part of a national movement after the British Medical Association (BMA) failed to reach an agreement with NHS employers.
Northern Devon Healthcare Trust is in the process of contacting all patients who might be affected by the 24-hour strike.
The trust has had to reschedule 17 operations or procedures, and this will increase to 28 if the strike goes ahead.
You may also want to watch:
Junior doctors are due to provide emergency care only – like on a Bank Holiday – between 8am on Tuesday and 8am on Wednesday.
A spokesman for the trust said: “We anticipate some disruption to services at North Devon District Hospital on these days and are working closely with the BMA and staff to ensure the impact on patients is minimal.
- 1 PICTURES: Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall visit The Burton at Bideford
- 2 Jewellery and cash stolen in Barnstaple burglary
- 3 Northam Murder: Accused carer told police he 'loved her to bits'
- 4 Rosemoor transforms into Wonderland for the summer holidays
- 5 PICTURES: Duchess of Cornwall visits Little Bridge House in Fremington
- 6 Bideford man dies after Link Road crash near South Molton
- 7 Britain’s most influential artists exhibit at The Burton at Bideford
- 8 £100K funding to Torridge towns to support recovery post Covid-19
- 9 Braunton Caen Rotary welcomes their youngest ever club president
- 10 Northam widow was found half under her bed by carer
“Some appointments will be cancelled and rescheduled.
“However, in some cases, we are informing people they might be affected but telling them we are keen to avoid a repeat of the situation in December when late notification that planned action would not take place meant appointments had to be cancelled unnecessarily.
“In these cases, if the strike goes ahead, we will contact people to confirm their appointment will be rescheduled. If the strike is cancelled, they can come in as originally planned. We have contacted patients who may be affected in this way.”
Departments affected in this way can be found on the NHS Trust’s website.