Junction to avoid
SIR - I heartily agree with the comments of English Democrat Candidate Nigel Vidler. The Westleigh Junction is a no go area for me before 9 am due to the volume of traffic belting off the bridge towards Barnstaple completely ignoring the large illuminate
SIR - I heartily agree with the comments of English Democrat Candidate Nigel Vidler. The Westleigh Junction is a no go area for me before 9 am due to the volume of traffic belting off the bridge towards Barnstaple completely ignoring the large illuminated 40mph sign.
I have been driving for the past 50 years with an unblemished licence, but the junction scares me, I now, therefore, have to run the gauntlet of the old bridge and the many college students walking four abreast and off the pavement, because I want to be alive to continue driving my elderly husband to all the many medical appointments and day care that he has to attend.
I have given up trying to get on to the Westleigh Junction on Friday afternoon because it is impossible to cross with the amount of traffic. A roundabout is a huge priority. Funds must be diverted from other highway expenses. How about the unnecessary resurfacing of good roads, or the schemes such as the strange orange obelisks in Instow leading pedestrians across the road into walls. Perhaps someone could let me know if anyone uses these crossings as I should like to witness the event.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Man wielding knife arrested in Barnstaple park
- 2 North Devon high streets get set to welcome residents back
- 3 Date set for reopening of Bideford Pannier Market
- 4 Rapid coronavirus tests now available across Devon
- 5 iLab marks 10th birthday with pledge to raise £10,000 for North Devon Hospice
- 6 Braunton farmer admits ploughing up 'semi natural' land
- 7 Mystery over Barnstaple builder's death
- 8 Date set for Barnstaple Pannier Market reopening
- 9 Westward Ho! housing plan for 138 new homes approved
- 10 Prom schoolgirl killed as she crossed road near Trimstone