Junction to avoid
SIR - I heartily agree with the comments of English Democrat Candidate Nigel Vidler. The Westleigh Junction is a no go area for me before 9 am due to the volume of traffic belting off the bridge towards Barnstaple completely ignoring the large illuminate
SIR - I heartily agree with the comments of English Democrat Candidate Nigel Vidler. The Westleigh Junction is a no go area for me before 9 am due to the volume of traffic belting off the bridge towards Barnstaple completely ignoring the large illuminated 40mph sign.
I have been driving for the past 50 years with an unblemished licence, but the junction scares me, I now, therefore, have to run the gauntlet of the old bridge and the many college students walking four abreast and off the pavement, because I want to be alive to continue driving my elderly husband to all the many medical appointments and day care that he has to attend.
I have given up trying to get on to the Westleigh Junction on Friday afternoon because it is impossible to cross with the amount of traffic. A roundabout is a huge priority. Funds must be diverted from other highway expenses. How about the unnecessary resurfacing of good roads, or the schemes such as the strange orange obelisks in Instow leading pedestrians across the road into walls. Perhaps someone could let me know if anyone uses these crossings as I should like to witness the event.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Northam Murder: 'Merciless' carer gets life for killing client who caught him stealing
- 2 Barnstaple Fair set to return for 2021 - 'May the show go on!'
- 3 Northam Murder: Carer guilty of brutal murder of frail widow
- 4 Man dies after 'single vehicle collision' on the A386
- 5 Man dies after crash involving two lorries and a motorbike near Torrington
- 6 Woman reportedly assaulted at Bideford park - Police seek witnesses
- 7 Evidence of damage found at Iron Age monument near Ilfracombe
- 8 Appledore RNLI's Matt Rowe passes out as lifeboat mechanic
- 9 Six people injured in serious crash on A39 near Barnstaple - Police appeal
- 10 Plan for 173 homes on Torrington Creamery site approved despite no affordable homes