SIR - I was interested to read the article concerning Westleigh Junction from John Hart as I feel his comment is the best possible way to eliminate the series of accidents that occur at that junction. This is a junction I use on a regular basis and one
SIR - I was interested to read the article concerning Westleigh Junction from John Hart as I feel his comment is the best possible way to eliminate the series of accidents that occur at that junction.
This is a junction I use on a regular basis and one obvious observation is that when climbing the hill from Instow there is a field on the lefthand side at the junction that appears to be little used and could be incorporated into a roundabout.
One already has the split junction when arriving from Bideford to either turn left and go down the hill or to go straight on along the link road and there is always the odd split in the centre of the dual carriageway where no one seems to know how to use with any sense.
In other words the sooner the council get off their backside and make a sensible decision that is good for the public at large then the more respect they wil command and so be more useful.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Council and police step up Covid enforcement in North Devon
- 2 Man charged with murder of Northam pensioner
- 3 Terrified shoppers fled Devon city centre attack
- 4 Times Past: Bodysnatching in the centre of Barnstaple
- 5 Three more Covid deaths at North Devon District Hospital but cases are falling
- 6 Times Past: How South Molton centrepiece came to be
- 7 Ram raid burglar jailed after rampaging crime spree
- 8 Suspect remains in custody as Northam murder enquiry continues
- 9 Developer 'lost for words' as town council rejects £20m Bideford wharf plans
- 10 Murder enquiry launched at Northam after death of elderly woman