SIR - I was interested to read the article concerning Westleigh Junction from John Hart as I feel his comment is the best possible way to eliminate the series of accidents that occur at that junction. This is a junction I use on a regular basis and one
SIR - I was interested to read the article concerning Westleigh Junction from John Hart as I feel his comment is the best possible way to eliminate the series of accidents that occur at that junction.
This is a junction I use on a regular basis and one obvious observation is that when climbing the hill from Instow there is a field on the lefthand side at the junction that appears to be little used and could be incorporated into a roundabout.
One already has the split junction when arriving from Bideford to either turn left and go down the hill or to go straight on along the link road and there is always the odd split in the centre of the dual carriageway where no one seems to know how to use with any sense.
In other words the sooner the council get off their backside and make a sensible decision that is good for the public at large then the more respect they wil command and so be more useful.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Fugitive jailed after car chase between Bideford and Barnstaple
- 2 Hotel restriction in Westward Ho! will not be lifted
- 3 'Once-in-a-generation' Bideford development given 'full support'
- 4 Finance manager jailed for stealing almost £1m from Witheridge company
- 5 Bid to make Ilfracombe pier car park long stay rejected
- 6 Jail for toothache attacker in North Molton
- 7 Man hospitalised after alleyway assault in South Molton
- 8 Police seek driver after horse riders injured in Westward Ho! incident
- 9 North Devon fossil hunter's collection goes to auction
- 10 Man wielding knife arrested in Barnstaple park