SIR - I was interested to read the article concerning Westleigh Junction from John Hart as I feel his comment is the best possible way to eliminate the series of accidents that occur at that junction. This is a junction I use on a regular basis and one
SIR - I was interested to read the article concerning Westleigh Junction from John Hart as I feel his comment is the best possible way to eliminate the series of accidents that occur at that junction.
This is a junction I use on a regular basis and one obvious observation is that when climbing the hill from Instow there is a field on the lefthand side at the junction that appears to be little used and could be incorporated into a roundabout.
One already has the split junction when arriving from Bideford to either turn left and go down the hill or to go straight on along the link road and there is always the odd split in the centre of the dual carriageway where no one seems to know how to use with any sense.
In other words the sooner the council get off their backside and make a sensible decision that is good for the public at large then the more respect they wil command and so be more useful.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Northam Murder: Accused carer told police he 'loved her to bits'
- 2 PICTURES: Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall visit The Burton at Bideford
- 3 Jewellery and cash stolen in Barnstaple burglary
- 4 PICTURES: Duchess of Cornwall visits Little Bridge House in Fremington
- 5 Bideford man dies after Link Road crash near South Molton
- 6 'Spot The Oddity' in Bideford for your chance to win £100
- 7 Plan to replace old North Devon Leisure Centre with housing submitted
- 8 Britain’s most influential artists exhibit at The Burton at Bideford
- 9 Northam Murder: Expert says trail of clues link carer to the scene
- 10 A361: Crash involving car and lorry blocks Link Road near South Molton