Junction is a nightmare
SIR - I am amazed that there have been so few fatal accidents. The junction is a nightmare. Surely even traffic lights would help, though a roundabout would be the sensible solution. In the interim:1) Perhaps a Danger - proceed with caution sign could
SIR - I am amazed that there have been so few fatal accidents. The junction is a nightmare. Surely even traffic lights would help, though a roundabout would be the sensible solution.
In the interim:
1) Perhaps a "Danger - proceed with caution" sign could be installed at every entrance, from whatever direction, to the Westleigh Junction: or
2) preferably, close the exit from Barnstaple to Westleigh/Instow/East the Water and make all traffic carry on to the roundabout on the other side of the bridge and retrace its steps to the slip road to Westleigh/Instow etc.
You may also want to watch:
The DCC HAVE GOT TO DO SOMETHING!!!!!!!!!!!!
John Warlow, Instow
- 1 Family pay tribute to 20-year-old Danny Goodman after tragic collision on A386
- 2 52-year-old man dies in three car crash between Bideford and Torrington
- 3 Burglar jailed for Westward Ho! raid that left pensioners too frightened to sleep
- 4 Coveted Muddy Stiletto award for Bideford's Josie's Interiors
- 5 Police investigate midnight assault on scooter rider in Barnstaple
- 6 North Devon Healthcare Trust department awarded Academic status
- 7 Northam Murder: Grieving family condemn killer's lies and cruelty
- 8 Man dies after 'single vehicle collision' on the A386
- 9 Ilfracombe lifeboat tows stricken yacht to safety
- 10 Man dies after crash involving two lorries and a motorbike near Torrington