Junction is a nightmare
SIR - I am amazed that there have been so few fatal accidents. The junction is a nightmare. Surely even traffic lights would help, though a roundabout would be the sensible solution. In the interim:1) Perhaps a Danger - proceed with caution sign could
SIR - I am amazed that there have been so few fatal accidents. The junction is a nightmare. Surely even traffic lights would help, though a roundabout would be the sensible solution.
In the interim:
1) Perhaps a "Danger - proceed with caution" sign could be installed at every entrance, from whatever direction, to the Westleigh Junction: or
2) preferably, close the exit from Barnstaple to Westleigh/Instow/East the Water and make all traffic carry on to the roundabout on the other side of the bridge and retrace its steps to the slip road to Westleigh/Instow etc.
The DCC HAVE GOT TO DO SOMETHING!!!!!!!!!!!!
John Warlow, Instow
- 1 PICTURES: Bideford Christmas lights switched on in style
- 2 Property of the Week: Daddon Close, Bideford
- 3 Litter around North Devon schools and colleges is a 'disgrace'
- 4 North Devon’s Panto sells 10,000 Cinderella tickets
- 5 An exciting new era for marine futures in northern Devon
- 6 Bideford beat top side Truro in challenging conditions
- 7 Unique seaside wedding venue to put £1m into Combe Martin economy
- 8 New Castle Hill Work Hub launched to support businesses in Torrington
- 9 South West businesses fear HMRC clamp down
- 10 Hospices’ Light Up a Life appeal will support families in grief