Junction is a nightmare
SIR - I am amazed that there have been so few fatal accidents. The junction is a nightmare. Surely even traffic lights would help, though a roundabout would be the sensible solution. In the interim:1) Perhaps a Danger - proceed with caution sign could
SIR - I am amazed that there have been so few fatal accidents. The junction is a nightmare. Surely even traffic lights would help, though a roundabout would be the sensible solution.
In the interim:
1) Perhaps a "Danger - proceed with caution" sign could be installed at every entrance, from whatever direction, to the Westleigh Junction: or
2) preferably, close the exit from Barnstaple to Westleigh/Instow/East the Water and make all traffic carry on to the roundabout on the other side of the bridge and retrace its steps to the slip road to Westleigh/Instow etc.
You may also want to watch:
The DCC HAVE GOT TO DO SOMETHING!!!!!!!!!!!!
John Warlow, Instow
- 1 Council and police step up Covid enforcement in North Devon
- 2 Man charged with murder of Northam pensioner
- 3 Three more Covid deaths at North Devon District Hospital but cases are falling
- 4 Ram raid burglar jailed after rampaging crime spree
- 5 Suspect remains in custody as Northam murder enquiry continues
- 6 There's light at the end of the tunnel - but for now embrace lockdown life
- 7 Terrified shoppers fled Devon city centre attack
- 8 Murder enquiry launched at Northam after death of elderly woman
- 9 Developer 'lost for words' as town council rejects £20m Bideford wharf plans
- 10 New series of Devon and Cornwall focuses on the Ilfracombe coastline