Having spent the diamond jubilee weekend visiting relatives in South Molton, I decided I must say a big thank-you to the organisers of the Churchill Crescent street party and the town council.
Nicky Newell and Rosy Jury, who organised the street party, worked so hard and it paid off. My son and I received a warm welcome and the atmosphere was wonderful.
Adults and children alike were dancing in the street – literally! – when Sian Carey (who I believe lives in Churchill Crescent) sang for us all.
It was a brilliant event and Nicky and Rose did a marvellous job, so a big thank-you to them and all those who helped.
- 1 Go ahead for 211 homes but Bideford plans fall short on affordable homes
- 2 Remembering much-loved and once-heaving Ilfracombe train station
- 3 North Devon holiday home tax dodgers face crackdown
- 4 Covid outbreaks in Devon’s care homes at highest level since pandemic began
- 5 Stylish Victorian property offers many period features
- 6 Queen's Theatre panto audiences raise £3,200 for local charities
- 7 South Molton's top 10 rating for pannier market
- 8 Help turn tide with Appledore community film
- 9 Rishi's thumbs up to £60m investment and 200 new jobs
- 10 Those energy bills - what has gone wrong?