Having spent the diamond jubilee weekend visiting relatives in South Molton, I decided I must say a big thank-you to the organisers of the Churchill Crescent street party and the town council.
Nicky Newell and Rosy Jury, who organised the street party, worked so hard and it paid off. My son and I received a warm welcome and the atmosphere was wonderful.
Adults and children alike were dancing in the street – literally! – when Sian Carey (who I believe lives in Churchill Crescent) sang for us all.
It was a brilliant event and Nicky and Rose did a marvellous job, so a big thank-you to them and all those who helped.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 820 homes approved for Landkey despite council concern
- 2 Northam man who searched for child pornography sent on treatment course
- 3 PICTURES: Women 'Walk Taller Than The Trees' at Nightwalk 2021
- 4 Man seriously injured at Appledore Quay - Witness Appeal
- 5 PICTURES: Bideford 10k is back for 2021
- 6 Torridge launches Waste and Recycling Roadshows
- 7 Tributes paid to North Devon librarian Ian Tansley
- 8 Arts Council England announces support for North Devon
- 9 Dolton remembers resident Rolling Stone Charlie Watts
- 10 Sale of Bideford's Brunswick Wharf completed