Having spent the diamond jubilee weekend visiting relatives in South Molton, I decided I must say a big thank-you to the organisers of the Churchill Crescent street party and the town council.
Nicky Newell and Rosy Jury, who organised the street party, worked so hard and it paid off. My son and I received a warm welcome and the atmosphere was wonderful.
Adults and children alike were dancing in the street – literally! – when Sian Carey (who I believe lives in Churchill Crescent) sang for us all.
It was a brilliant event and Nicky and Rose did a marvellous job, so a big thank-you to them and all those who helped.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Contractor appointed to repair Rock Park Bridge
- 2 Braunton assault leaves teen with 'serious head injuries' - witness appeal
- 3 Scream mask knifeman caused terror at Barnstaple play park
- 4 Nightwalk returns for 2021 with brand-new venue
- 5 Yelland Quay development refused - Campaigners celebrate
- 6 HubHop - New shopping app for independent shops in North Devon
- 7 Man, 22, arrested after cyclist dies in Bideford crash
- 8 North Devon benefit fiddler must cash in pension to repay the money
- 9 Man dies in crash involving bicycle and car in Bideford
- 10 Rotarians have great time helping Lampard School pupils