Jubilee fireworks spectacular will be ‘one to remember’
South Molton gets ready for a right royal knees-up.
MORE details have been released about South Molton’s plans for the Diamond Jubilee weekend.
As revealed in the Gazette in February, the town is preparing to celebrate with a public firework display in the central car park area. Organisers have now confirmed the Royal Fireworks Spectacular will take place of Monday, June 4, the climax of an evening party that promises fun for all the family.
The event, taking place from 8-10pm, will feature live music by popular local duo Terry Bond and Sian Carey, fairground rides and plenty of local food and drink.
The firework display, provided by London and UK pyrotechnic display organisers Fantastic Fireworks, promises a patriotic, red, white and blue theme, with a suitable sound track specially created especially to celebrate the Queens’ 60 years on the British throne.
You may also want to watch:
South Molton’s rugby and football teams will be providing the marshals at event.
The evening is being organised by the South Molton Business Association (SMBA) and South Molton Town Council.
- 1 Cyclist left with ‘serious head injuries’ after incident in Bideford
- 2 Volunteers come together to spruce up Barnstaple Train Station
- 3 Real ice rink coming to Barnstaple Christmas Village
- 4 New council led leisure company Active Torridge appoints director
- 5 New home grown manager for South Molton Swimming Pool
- 6 Murder investigation launched in Bideford after woman found dead
- 7 Appeal launched to raise £100,000 for new play equipment in Bideford
- 8 Homeless man jailed after attacking Barnstaple soldier in McDonald's
- 9 7 top tips to help you find the perfect wedding venue
- 10 North Devon's Amy Riley takes her motorsports dream to next level
David Walker, chairman of SMBA said: “Our Royal Wedding event last year was a stupendous success. It brought people into town from many miles around, gave the community a great ‘feel good’ factor and even featured in The Telegraph newspaper.
“We want to recreate this atmosphere again for the Diamond Jubilee, but with a different type of party.
“We have plumped for an evening event so it doesn’t clash with the street parties being organised. And as it will be on the Monday before a Bank Holiday, it’s a good time to party as there will be no work or school the following day.
“We would like to invite everyone from South Molton and the surrounding areas to come along and join us in this once-in-a life time celebration, and make this an evening that people will remember fondly for many years to come.”
Businesses wanting to get involved in the town’s Royal Fireworks Spectacular are asked to contact either David Walker at email@example.com or Susi Atkinson at firstname.lastname@example.org.