Jousting at Witheridge fair
welcome return to Witheridge s annual St John s Fair this weekend. The inflatable festival highlight is just one of a host of attractions organised to keep fair-goers entertained from Friday until Sunday. Witheridge St John s Fair dates back to 1248, when
welcome return to Witheridge's annual St John's Fair this weekend.
The inflatable festival highlight is just one of a host of attractions organised to keep fair-goers entertained from Friday until Sunday.
Witheridge St John's Fair dates back to 1248, when King Henry III granted the Lord of Witheridge the right to hold a fair on the feast of St. John the Baptist
This year, the fun starts on Friday with a puppet show at Witheridge Parish Hall. The Nightingale, based on a tale by Hans Christian Andersen, performed by Angel Heart Theatre, starts at 7pm.
You may also want to watch:
On Saturday, the Grand Carnival Parade at 11am will have a medieval fancy dress theme, with prizes of �25 each for the winners in three classes.
Other attractions will include a bungee trampoline, paintball, ferret racing and the fun dog show. New this year will be country craft stalls, a coconut shy and Reptobug - with creepy crawlies and reptiles galore! An egg-throwing contest and tug of war are back by popular demand.
- 1 2021 North Devon Show cancelled
- 2 Man wielding knife arrested in Barnstaple park
- 3 Police seek driver after horse riders injured in Westward Ho! incident
- 4 Prince Philip's last North Devon visit remembered
- 5 High Streets reopen across Torridge
- 6 Four cousins take on Four Church Challenge
- 7 Braunton farmer admits ploughing up 'semi natural' land
- 8 North Devon high streets get set to welcome residents back
- 9 Property of the Week: Ford Rise, Bideford
- 10 iLab marks 10th birthday with pledge to raise £10,000 for North Devon Hospice