Jousting at Witheridge fair
welcome return to Witheridge s annual St John s Fair this weekend. The inflatable festival highlight is just one of a host of attractions organised to keep fair-goers entertained from Friday until Sunday. Witheridge St John s Fair dates back to 1248, when
welcome return to Witheridge's annual St John's Fair this weekend.
The inflatable festival highlight is just one of a host of attractions organised to keep fair-goers entertained from Friday until Sunday.
Witheridge St John's Fair dates back to 1248, when King Henry III granted the Lord of Witheridge the right to hold a fair on the feast of St. John the Baptist
This year, the fun starts on Friday with a puppet show at Witheridge Parish Hall. The Nightingale, based on a tale by Hans Christian Andersen, performed by Angel Heart Theatre, starts at 7pm.
You may also want to watch:
On Saturday, the Grand Carnival Parade at 11am will have a medieval fancy dress theme, with prizes of �25 each for the winners in three classes.
Other attractions will include a bungee trampoline, paintball, ferret racing and the fun dog show. New this year will be country craft stalls, a coconut shy and Reptobug - with creepy crawlies and reptiles galore! An egg-throwing contest and tug of war are back by popular demand.
- 1 Northam Murder: 'Merciless' carer gets life for killing client who caught him stealing
- 2 Barnstaple Fair set to return for 2021 - 'May the show go on!'
- 3 Council bids for Levelling Up funding for Ilfracombe
- 4 Man dies after crash involving two lorries and a motorbike near Torrington
- 5 Man dies after 'single vehicle collision' on the A386
- 6 Northam Murder: Carer guilty of brutal murder of frail widow
- 7 Woman reportedly assaulted at Bideford park - Police seek witnesses
- 8 MP opens new Northam Burrows Visitor Centre at Westward Ho!
- 9 Huntsmen fined for digging badger sett near Chulmleigh
- 10 Evidence of damage found at Iron Age monument near Ilfracombe