Jousting at Witheridge fair
welcome return to Witheridge s annual St John s Fair this weekend. The inflatable festival highlight is just one of a host of attractions organised to keep fair-goers entertained from Friday until Sunday. Witheridge St John s Fair dates back to 1248, when
welcome return to Witheridge's annual St John's Fair this weekend.
The inflatable festival highlight is just one of a host of attractions organised to keep fair-goers entertained from Friday until Sunday.
Witheridge St John's Fair dates back to 1248, when King Henry III granted the Lord of Witheridge the right to hold a fair on the feast of St. John the Baptist
This year, the fun starts on Friday with a puppet show at Witheridge Parish Hall. The Nightingale, based on a tale by Hans Christian Andersen, performed by Angel Heart Theatre, starts at 7pm.
You may also want to watch:
On Saturday, the Grand Carnival Parade at 11am will have a medieval fancy dress theme, with prizes of �25 each for the winners in three classes.
Other attractions will include a bungee trampoline, paintball, ferret racing and the fun dog show. New this year will be country craft stalls, a coconut shy and Reptobug - with creepy crawlies and reptiles galore! An egg-throwing contest and tug of war are back by popular demand.
- 1 Devon health boss 'concerned' at low Covid booster uptake
- 2 People and businesses asked to join Barnstaple clean up
- 3 Link centre consultation 'absolute nonsense' say campaigners
- 4 'Neglected' North Devon taxi firm challenged by councillors
- 5 Real ice rink coming to Barnstaple Christmas Village
- 6 £2.1m upgrade will provide space for 38 new North Devon jobs
- 7 Drink spiking crackdown after needle attack - Devon Police
- 8 Bideford's First Food and Drink Festival coming soon
- 9 Good news for Combe Martin’s water quality
- 10 Firework display set to return to Barnstaple Rugby Club for 2021