Joshua Radin among Oceanfest music acts
A line up of top up-and-coming international artists will be playing at GoldCoast Oceanfest in Croyde this June, it has been announced. Joining The Magic Numbers during the summer solstice weekend of Friday, June 18 to Sunday 20 will be fast emerging US s
A line up of top up-and-coming international artists will be playing at GoldCoast Oceanfest in Croyde this June, it has been announced.
Joining The Magic Numbers during the summer solstice weekend of Friday, June 18 to Sunday 20 will be fast emerging US solo star Joshua Radin, whose single I'd Rather Be With You has been notching up the airplay hours on Radio One and is set for release on April 12.
A unique word-of-mouth global success story, Radin's brand of acoustic folk has appealed widely to American TV and has been heard on the likes of Grey's Anatomy, American Idol and One Tree Hill, to name a few.
Also appearing at the surf, lifestyle and music festival is Joe brooks, a young British singer songwriter who may as yet be unsigned, but has gathered a strong internet following, with 12 million plays on My Space and plays to sold out shows in America and Europe.
You may also want to watch:
Jonny Taylor is another one to watch for 2011. Having already supported Jason Mraz at the Hammersmith Apollo, his catchy rhythms and pop appeal combine with Dury-like showmanship.
Friday's headliner Gideon Conn is quirky and breathtaking from start to finish, by all reports. He is supported by Croyde's very own legendary funk-ska reggae outfit The Universe Inspectors.
- 1 2021 North Devon Show cancelled
- 2 Man wielding knife arrested in Barnstaple park
- 3 Police seek driver after horse riders injured in Westward Ho! incident
- 4 Prince Philip's last North Devon visit remembered
- 5 High Streets reopen across Torridge
- 6 Braunton farmer admits ploughing up 'semi natural' land
- 7 Four cousins take on Four Church Challenge
- 8 North Devon high streets get set to welcome residents back
- 9 Property of the Week: Ford Rise, Bideford
- 10 iLab marks 10th birthday with pledge to raise £10,000 for North Devon Hospice
"Traditional reggae slapped upside the head with a party stick" is how BackBeat SoundSystem are described and festival-goers can find out for themselves as the lively UK band make their Oceanfest debut their unique brand of funky, sexy, party reggae.
Showcasing some 25 live musical acts during the three days of June 18-20, GoldCoast Oceanfest is not one to be missed by music lovers. Find out much more besides and order tickets from www. goldcoastoceanfest.co.uk.