SIR - Opinion. That’s the new name for the letters page. Here’s mine:
Prince Wiliam has popped into Wimbledon for strawberries and champagne. This follows on from his lavish �20 million wedding at the taxpayers’ expense, but not his, a honeymoon at an exotic location, a showtime appearance at the Queen’s official birthday, ie not her birthday, followed by a “jolly” in Canada and soon a festive indulgence at the Queen’s 60th wedding anniversary celebrations.
When’s he going to do a day’s work? Prince Harry did a photoshoot in Afghanistan; whay can’t he?
The young lad is a Colonel in his regiment. He dressess in outrageously ostentatious uniform pinning medals on the chests of brave men who have risked life and limb for their country on the front line in a way he never has nor ever will. Why does he outrank them?
Something is rotten in the state of Denmark. It is much worse here.
You may also want to watch:
T P Gidman,
- 1 Northam Murder: Accused carer told police he 'loved her to bits'
- 2 PICTURES: Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall visit The Burton at Bideford
- 3 Jewellery and cash stolen in Barnstaple burglary
- 4 PICTURES: Duchess of Cornwall visits Little Bridge House in Fremington
- 5 Bideford man dies after Link Road crash near South Molton
- 6 'Spot The Oddity' in Bideford for your chance to win £100
- 7 Plan to replace old North Devon Leisure Centre with housing submitted
- 8 Britain’s most influential artists exhibit at The Burton at Bideford
- 9 Northam Murder: Expert says trail of clues link carer to the scene
- 10 A361: Crash involving car and lorry blocks Link Road near South Molton
The editor writes: Has Mr Gidman forgotten that Prince William works as a rescue helicopter pilot? Or perhaps he hasn’t, but it didn’t fit his argument.