SIR - Opinion. That’s the new name for the letters page. Here’s mine:
Prince Wiliam has popped into Wimbledon for strawberries and champagne. This follows on from his lavish �20 million wedding at the taxpayers’ expense, but not his, a honeymoon at an exotic location, a showtime appearance at the Queen’s official birthday, ie not her birthday, followed by a “jolly” in Canada and soon a festive indulgence at the Queen’s 60th wedding anniversary celebrations.
When’s he going to do a day’s work? Prince Harry did a photoshoot in Afghanistan; whay can’t he?
The young lad is a Colonel in his regiment. He dressess in outrageously ostentatious uniform pinning medals on the chests of brave men who have risked life and limb for their country on the front line in a way he never has nor ever will. Why does he outrank them?
Something is rotten in the state of Denmark. It is much worse here.
You may also want to watch:
T P Gidman,
- 1 County Council Elections: Candidates for North Devon
- 2 County Council Elections: Candidates for Torridge
- 3 Police appeal after Barnstaple brawl
- 4 12 countries announced on travel green list from May 17
- 5 North Devon seconds look to bounce back from heavy defeat
- 6 Pensioner gets suspended sentence for 'unspeakable abuse images'
- 7 Devon County Council Elections: Candidate lists for North Devon and Torridge
- 8 Shocked Barnstaple burglary victim watched raid on phone
- 9 Big opening-day wins for Bideford and Braunton
- 10 New Barnstaple restaurant offers Fine Dining at Home
The editor writes: Has Mr Gidman forgotten that Prince William works as a rescue helicopter pilot? Or perhaps he hasn’t, but it didn’t fit his argument.