Join us on Fridays
We first discovered Bideford First Fridays last year and remain very excited about the continued prospect of local people and visitors being able to enjoy the delights of Mill Street and beyond until 7 o’clock all through the summer – plus children’s workshops and live music throughout the afternoon and into the evening.
We would like to congratulate all those involved, especially Bideford Bay Creatives, Blazey’s and Froot Loop in Mill Street, and now Burton Art Gallery and Cafe du Parc.
They, and many local performers, have continued to put this event on with no external funding (until recently thanks to Councillor Pauline Davies) even in the poorer weather and despite some low attendances.
It would be great to see more businesses taking part and this becoming a really popular feature of our town’s summer calendar.
So come on people of Bideford – encourage your favourite shops and cafes to stay open for you, just for one evening, on the first Friday of every month until September, and come and enjoy the entertainment.
You may also want to watch:
Paul and Elena Faramus
- 1 Northam Murder: Carer guilty of brutal murder of frail widow
- 2 Woman reportedly assaulted at Bideford park - Police seek witnesses
- 3 Man dies after 'single vehicle collision' on the A386
- 4 Man dies after crash involving two lorries and a motorbike near Torrington
- 5 Northam Murder: Judge tells jury to put aside emotion
- 6 Evidence of damage found at Iron Age monument near Ilfracombe
- 7 £60,000 street marshal investment to make North Devon safer
- 8 Northam murder suspect accused of telling a 'litany of lies' about killing
- 9 South Molton pub attacker must pay compensation after kicking customer in head
- 10 Six people injured in serious crash on A39 near Barnstaple - Police appeal