Join us on Fridays
We first discovered Bideford First Fridays last year and remain very excited about the continued prospect of local people and visitors being able to enjoy the delights of Mill Street and beyond until 7 o’clock all through the summer – plus children’s workshops and live music throughout the afternoon and into the evening.
We would like to congratulate all those involved, especially Bideford Bay Creatives, Blazey’s and Froot Loop in Mill Street, and now Burton Art Gallery and Cafe du Parc.
They, and many local performers, have continued to put this event on with no external funding (until recently thanks to Councillor Pauline Davies) even in the poorer weather and despite some low attendances.
It would be great to see more businesses taking part and this becoming a really popular feature of our town’s summer calendar.
So come on people of Bideford – encourage your favourite shops and cafes to stay open for you, just for one evening, on the first Friday of every month until September, and come and enjoy the entertainment.
You may also want to watch:
Paul and Elena Faramus
- 1 Volunteers come together to spruce up Barnstaple Train Station
- 2 Appeal launched to raise £100,000 for new play equipment in Bideford
- 3 More than 530 nights in a tent - Max Woosey wins Young Hero Award
- 4 New council led leisure company Active Torridge appoints director
- 5 New home grown manager for South Molton Swimming Pool
- 6 7 top tips to help you find the perfect wedding venue
- 7 North Devon's Amy Riley takes her motorsports dream to next level
- 8 Murder investigation launched in Bideford after woman found dead
- 9 North Devon taxi company appeals for help with driver shortage
- 10 Council leader calls Government 'incompetent' and warns of 'winter of discontent'