Join the Grand prix for charity
Think you’re up for a challenge in the name of charity? Read on...
RACING teams will be revving their go-karts in an exciting Grand Prix event to raise money for Sport Relief.
Event organiser Darren Hart, of Sports Direct in Barnstaple, is on the lookout for more teams to enter the race.
Darren said: “So far we have three teams signed up, but we are looking for seven more to complete the line-up.
“Each team needs five drivers, and we hope it will be a really exciting event while raising money for a great cause.”
You may also want to watch:
The two hour endurance race will take place on March 23 at North Devon Karting Centre in Barnstaple.
The teams already signed up include Bideford fire station, Bryant Motor Sport and Rapid Response, as well as a team from Sports Direct.
- 1 Jealous Barnstaple boyfriend made divorcee get rid of wedding dress
- 2 North Devon business signs up to 1 billion tree project
- 3 The Plough announces Open-Air Theatre Festival
- 4 Bungling Northam burglar facing jail
- 5 Why it‘s important to shop local in North Devon post-lockdown
- 6 MP nominates North Devon champions for Levelling Up Awards
- 7 Criminal damage at Fremington Football Club - Police appeal
- 8 North Devon sign West Indian pace bowler
- 9 Small-time drug dealer 'caught red-handed'
- 10 'ThINK it through before you tattoo' urges council
To enter the race the minimum entry fee is �150 (�30 per driver) which must be paid before the race to Sports Direct.
The store, which also is the exclusive stockist for the official Sport Relief t-shirts, will be putting on several other events during that week, including a charity leg wax with some of the male staff members.
If you think you’re up for the racing challenge, pop into the Sports Direct store on the High Street or call Darren or manager Matt Ellery on 08703 339584.