Join the Grand prix for charity
Think you’re up for a challenge in the name of charity? Read on...
RACING teams will be revving their go-karts in an exciting Grand Prix event to raise money for Sport Relief.
Event organiser Darren Hart, of Sports Direct in Barnstaple, is on the lookout for more teams to enter the race.
Darren said: “So far we have three teams signed up, but we are looking for seven more to complete the line-up.
“Each team needs five drivers, and we hope it will be a really exciting event while raising money for a great cause.”
You may also want to watch:
The two hour endurance race will take place on March 23 at North Devon Karting Centre in Barnstaple.
The teams already signed up include Bideford fire station, Bryant Motor Sport and Rapid Response, as well as a team from Sports Direct.
- 1 North Devon company fined for pollution that killed more than 9,000 fish
- 2 Family pay tribute to 20-year-old Danny Goodman after tragic collision on A386
- 3 52-year-old man dies in three car crash between Bideford and Torrington
- 4 Burglar jailed for Westward Ho! raid that left pensioners too frightened to sleep
- 5 Coveted Muddy Stiletto award for Bideford's Josie's Interiors
- 6 Police investigate midnight assault on scooter rider in Barnstaple
- 7 North Devon Healthcare Trust department awarded Academic status
- 8 Man dies after 'single vehicle collision' on the A386
- 9 Barnstaple Fair set to return for 2021 - 'May the show go on!'
- 10 Ilfracombe lifeboat tows stricken yacht to safety
To enter the race the minimum entry fee is �150 (�30 per driver) which must be paid before the race to Sports Direct.
The store, which also is the exclusive stockist for the official Sport Relief t-shirts, will be putting on several other events during that week, including a charity leg wax with some of the male staff members.
If you think you’re up for the racing challenge, pop into the Sports Direct store on the High Street or call Darren or manager Matt Ellery on 08703 339584.