Join the Diamond Jubilee Big Lunch in Barnstaple
Barnstaple Lions invite all and sundry for a roaring good picnic, live music and more on Sunday, June 3.
THOUSANDS of picnickers are invited to join Barnstaple Lions Club for a Diamond Jubilee Big Lunch at Rock Park in the town on Sunday, June 3.
Individuals, families, groups or whole streets are welcome to bring their own food and join the fun from 11am-4pm, with live music, stalls, games and more for all ages to enjoy.
There will be music from local performers throughout the day, with East of Tangiers kicking off from 11.30am, followed by 3’s Company, Steve Wilson and The Alchemists.
The search and rescue helicopter at Chivenor is also expected to make a fly past on the day, subject to operational requirements.
You may also want to watch:
The event is being organised by The Barnstaple Lions Club and supported by Barnstaple Town Council, with all profits going to local charities.
There will be a ‘Kings and Queens’ fancy dress competition on the day, with people of all ages invited don a regal costume for the occasion.
- 1 Northam Murder: 'Merciless' carer gets life for killing client who caught him stealing
- 2 Barnstaple Fair set to return for 2021 - 'May the show go on!'
- 3 Man dies after crash involving two lorries and a motorbike near Torrington
- 4 Council bids for Levelling Up funding for Ilfracombe
- 5 Man dies after 'single vehicle collision' on the A386
- 6 Northam Murder: Carer guilty of brutal murder of frail widow
- 7 Woman reportedly assaulted at Bideford park - Police seek witnesses
- 8 Huntsmen fined for digging badger sett near Chulmleigh
- 9 MP opens new Northam Burrows Visitor Centre at Westward Ho!
- 10 Evidence of damage found at Iron Age monument near Ilfracombe
A variety of stalls plus children’s activities, including a bouncy castle, fairground roundabout and face painting with the Heart FM Heart Angels will add to the fun.
“This year will be a special occasion since it is the Jubilee, so why not come along and help celebrate?” said Barnstaple Lions president Andy Shiner.
“We would like to hear from any organisations or groups holding their own Jubilee celebrations who would like to join with us to make one big party.”
To find out more, call Andy on 01271 373180, email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.barnstaplelionsclub.org.