Join the big barrow parade on bank holiday Monday
Bickington and Barnstaple families invited to join a colourful wheelbarrow parade and family fun day
A decorated wheelbarrow parade and family fun day are expected to provide a wheelie good time in Bickington this bank holiday Monday.
Families and the community are invited to get creative and join the Deck-a-Barrow Parade which sets off from the Old Barn Inn at Bickington at 1.30pm.
Dress up your barrow and head for a family fun day and summer fair at Tews Lane playing field, where there will be plenty to see and do with stalls, games, a bouncy castle and much more.
The event is being organised by Scallywags Pre-school in memory of well known Scallywags committee member and North Devon Hospice fund raiser Sarah Taylor, who passed away in 2009.
You may also want to watch:
All proceeds will be split between the hospice and pre-school. It is sponsored by the Old Barn Inn and has received support from Let’s Play UK, Graylings, Majestic Wines, Combe Martin Wildlife Park, Exmoor Zoo and Watermouth Castle.
To take part in the parade take your barrows to the Old Barn at 12 noon to register, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 1 County Council Elections: Candidates for North Devon
- 2 County Council Elections: Candidates for Torridge
- 3 Police appeal after Barnstaple brawl
- 4 12 countries announced on travel green list from May 17
- 5 North Devon seconds look to bounce back from heavy defeat
- 6 Pensioner gets suspended sentence for 'unspeakable abuse images'
- 7 Devon County Council Elections: Candidate lists for North Devon and Torridge
- 8 Shocked Barnstaple burglary victim watched raid on phone
- 9 New Barnstaple restaurant offers Fine Dining at Home
- 10 Big opening-day wins for Bideford and Braunton