Join the big barrow parade on bank holiday Monday
Bickington and Barnstaple families invited to join a colourful wheelbarrow parade and family fun day
A decorated wheelbarrow parade and family fun day are expected to provide a wheelie good time in Bickington this bank holiday Monday.
Families and the community are invited to get creative and join the Deck-a-Barrow Parade which sets off from the Old Barn Inn at Bickington at 1.30pm.
Dress up your barrow and head for a family fun day and summer fair at Tews Lane playing field, where there will be plenty to see and do with stalls, games, a bouncy castle and much more.
The event is being organised by Scallywags Pre-school in memory of well known Scallywags committee member and North Devon Hospice fund raiser Sarah Taylor, who passed away in 2009.
You may also want to watch:
All proceeds will be split between the hospice and pre-school. It is sponsored by the Old Barn Inn and has received support from Let’s Play UK, Graylings, Majestic Wines, Combe Martin Wildlife Park, Exmoor Zoo and Watermouth Castle.
To take part in the parade take your barrows to the Old Barn at 12 noon to register, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 1 Man dies after crash involving two lorries and a motorbike near Torrington
- 2 South Molton pub attacker must pay compensation after kicking customer in head
- 3 Northam murder suspect accused of telling a 'litany of lies' about killing
- 4 £60,000 street marshal investment to make North Devon safer
- 5 Plan for 173 homes on Torrington Creamery site approved despite no affordable homes
- 6 Evidence of damage found at Iron Age monument near Ilfracombe
- 7 Crash and assault in Ilfracombe - Police appeal
- 8 Northam Murder: Carer denies killing widow Carol Hart
- 9 Changes to reporting planning breaches in North Devon
- 10 Bideford man dies after Link Road crash near South Molton