Join the big barrow parade on bank holiday Monday
Bickington and Barnstaple families invited to join a colourful wheelbarrow parade and family fun day
A decorated wheelbarrow parade and family fun day are expected to provide a wheelie good time in Bickington this bank holiday Monday.
Families and the community are invited to get creative and join the Deck-a-Barrow Parade which sets off from the Old Barn Inn at Bickington at 1.30pm.
Dress up your barrow and head for a family fun day and summer fair at Tews Lane playing field, where there will be plenty to see and do with stalls, games, a bouncy castle and much more.
The event is being organised by Scallywags Pre-school in memory of well known Scallywags committee member and North Devon Hospice fund raiser Sarah Taylor, who passed away in 2009.
You may also want to watch:
All proceeds will be split between the hospice and pre-school. It is sponsored by the Old Barn Inn and has received support from Let’s Play UK, Graylings, Majestic Wines, Combe Martin Wildlife Park, Exmoor Zoo and Watermouth Castle.
To take part in the parade take your barrows to the Old Barn at 12 noon to register, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 1 Two vehicle crash near South Molton – Link Road blocked
- 2 Aldi plans for three new stores in North Devon
- 3 'Smash and grab' robbery at Ilfracombe jewellers shop
- 4 Swimbridge Christmas Arts and Crafts Fair returns for 2021
- 5 Barnstaple Enterprise Hub 'Node' launches to support local businesses
- 6 MISSING: Police search for Peter Hughes from Combe Martin area
- 7 Firework display set to return to Barnstaple Rugby Club for 2021
- 8 Cook book to help in Afghanistan produced in South Molton
- 9 Developer sponsors Shammy FC youth teams
- 10 Two burglaries in Barnstaple - Police appeal