Join National Trust in North Devon for bank holiday fun
THE National Trust is inviting local people and visitors to North Devon to consider using some of its properties as well earned pit stops this bank holiday weekend. Anyone in the vicinity of Arlington Court near Barnstaple might want to get away from th
THE National Trust is inviting local people and visitors to North Devon to consider using some of its properties as well earned "pit stops" this bank holiday weekend.
Anyone in the vicinity of Arlington Court near Barnstaple might want to get away from the holiday crush by enjoying its Fun Friday - which actually runs right through until Monday!
There will be a host of craft activities for children from 11am-3pm, as well as the opportunity to enjoy the estate house, grounds and tearoom.
On Sunday at 7.30pm the Illyria theatre company present the Regency romance Pride and Prejudice at Arlington, with gates open at 6.30. Call (01271) 850296 to book and find out more about the weekend activities.
You may also want to watch:
Elsewhere, the National Trust is organising the Lynmouth Summer Fete at the Manor Ground. It runs from 11am-4pm and there will be plenty of traditional fete fun from china smashing and welly whanging to stalls and sideshows for all ages. Call (01598) 763402 to find out more.
- 1 Northam Murder: Carer guilty of brutal murder of frail widow
- 2 Woman reportedly assaulted at Bideford park - Police seek witnesses
- 3 Man dies after 'single vehicle collision' on the A386
- 4 Man dies after crash involving two lorries and a motorbike near Torrington
- 5 Northam Murder: Judge tells jury to put aside emotion
- 6 Barnstaple Fair set to return for 2021 - 'May the show go on!'
- 7 Evidence of damage found at Iron Age monument near Ilfracombe
- 8 £60,000 street marshal investment to make North Devon safer
- 9 Lockdown breaker caught dealing cannabis in Barnstaple
- 10 Plan for 173 homes on Torrington Creamery site approved despite no affordable homes