Join National Trust in North Devon for bank holiday fun
THE National Trust is inviting local people and visitors to North Devon to consider using some of its properties as well earned pit stops this bank holiday weekend. Anyone in the vicinity of Arlington Court near Barnstaple might want to get away from th
THE National Trust is inviting local people and visitors to North Devon to consider using some of its properties as well earned "pit stops" this bank holiday weekend.
Anyone in the vicinity of Arlington Court near Barnstaple might want to get away from the holiday crush by enjoying its Fun Friday - which actually runs right through until Monday!
There will be a host of craft activities for children from 11am-3pm, as well as the opportunity to enjoy the estate house, grounds and tearoom.
On Sunday at 7.30pm the Illyria theatre company present the Regency romance Pride and Prejudice at Arlington, with gates open at 6.30. Call (01271) 850296 to book and find out more about the weekend activities.
You may also want to watch:
Elsewhere, the National Trust is organising the Lynmouth Summer Fete at the Manor Ground. It runs from 11am-4pm and there will be plenty of traditional fete fun from china smashing and welly whanging to stalls and sideshows for all ages. Call (01598) 763402 to find out more.
- 1 Council and police step up Covid enforcement in North Devon
- 2 Northam murder suspect remanded in custody
- 3 Man charged with murder of Northam pensioner
- 4 Three more Covid deaths at North Devon District Hospital but cases are falling
- 5 Times Past: Bodysnatching in the centre of Barnstaple
- 6 Terrified shoppers fled Devon city centre attack
- 7 Camp out fundraiser Max receives gift from fallen soldier's family
- 8 Times Past: How South Molton centrepiece came to be
- 9 Murder enquiry launched at Northam after death of elderly woman
- 10 Ram raid burglar jailed after rampaging crime spree