Join National Trust in North Devon for bank holiday fun
THE National Trust is inviting local people and visitors to North Devon to consider using some of its properties as well earned pit stops this bank holiday weekend. Anyone in the vicinity of Arlington Court near Barnstaple might want to get away from th
THE National Trust is inviting local people and visitors to North Devon to consider using some of its properties as well earned "pit stops" this bank holiday weekend.
Anyone in the vicinity of Arlington Court near Barnstaple might want to get away from the holiday crush by enjoying its Fun Friday - which actually runs right through until Monday!
There will be a host of craft activities for children from 11am-3pm, as well as the opportunity to enjoy the estate house, grounds and tearoom.
On Sunday at 7.30pm the Illyria theatre company present the Regency romance Pride and Prejudice at Arlington, with gates open at 6.30. Call (01271) 850296 to book and find out more about the weekend activities.
You may also want to watch:
Elsewhere, the National Trust is organising the Lynmouth Summer Fete at the Manor Ground. It runs from 11am-4pm and there will be plenty of traditional fete fun from china smashing and welly whanging to stalls and sideshows for all ages. Call (01598) 763402 to find out more.
- 1 Man wielding knife arrested in Barnstaple park
- 2 Date set for reopening of Bideford Pannier Market
- 3 Rapid coronavirus tests now available across Devon
- 4 iLab marks 10th birthday with pledge to raise £10,000 for North Devon Hospice
- 5 Braunton farmer admits ploughing up 'semi natural' land
- 6 Mystery over Barnstaple builder's death
- 7 North Devon high streets get set to welcome residents back
- 8 Prom schoolgirl killed as she crossed road near Trimstone
- 9 Westward Ho! housing plan for 138 new homes approved
- 10 Grand National: ones to watch in 'race that stops a nation'