Johnny Ball coming to Park School to launch family learning programme
- Credit: PA
BBC personality to kick off new guest speaker programme
Park Community School is launching a new initiative to encourage the whole family to enjoy learning together – and they’ve invited the BBC’s Johnny Ball to help kick things off.
Ball is visiting the school on October 9 to speak as part of the ‘Inspire to Aspire’ series of evenings. All family members are invited to join their sons and daughters for the first event, starting at 7pm.
“We needed someone really special to introduce this new programme who would appeal immediately to both students and their parents/carers,” said headteacher David Atton. “We contacted the BBC personality and presenter Johnny Ball, who was keen to join us to promote the potential and enjoyment of families learning together.”
Ball is renowned for making science and maths fun on hit TV shows ‘Think of a Number’, ‘Think Again’ and ‘Johnny Ball Reveals All’, and tickets are available from the school at £5 for adults, £3 for children, or £15 for a family ticket for up to five people.
You may also want to watch:
The school will also welcome Simon Hall from BBC Spotlight, teacher and author Berwick Coates and a range of other guest presenters later in the year.
Mr Atton added: “The aim is to spark interest and enjoyment in learning, the whole family joining in with inspirational guest presenters who are leaders in their field, able to open young people’s eyes to the opportunities and the possibilities.”
- 1 Brother told sister 'you're dead' after birthday party bust-up
- 2 Chaos guaranteed at the first Bideford Soapbox Derby
- 3 Man with 'fearsome' ornamental knife arrested in Barnstaple
- 4 Torrington gears up for North Devon’s BIGGEST EVER Table Top Sale
- 5 Contactless donation station for Chemohero at Affinity Devon
- 6 Ilfracombe dressage star Caitlin Burgess pursues Olympic dream
- 7 PICTURES: New Bideford book merges old pictures with new
- 8 Assault and attempted robbery near Tarka Trail
- 9 Bideford Pannier Market offers traders new deal
- 10 Man arrested after 'serious assault' outside Barnstaple nightclub