Jobs, what jobs?
- Credit: Archant
The new group trying to resurrect the Atlantic Array offshore wind factory are banging on about the thousands of jobs which would be created for North Devon.
Having had little time to study the facts, they are obviously unaware that we would get as many jobs as we did at Fullabrook. None.
We do not have the skills base or companies with the equipment necessary for the construction, and we do not have a 24/7 deep water harbour which is absolutely essential for the construction and ongoing maintenance.
Crucially, npower never said they would provide this facility.
South Wales on the other hand, has deep water ports, motorway access and lots of available land, in stark contrast to Ilfracombe.
You may also want to watch:
So where do you think any work will go to – North Devon or South Wales? No prizes for guessing.
The double whammy is that tourist surveys in Woolacombe show that we could lose jobs as visitors go elsewhere.
- 1 Brother told sister 'you're dead' after birthday party bust-up
- 2 Bideford Pannier Market offers traders new deal
- 3 Chaos guaranteed at the first Bideford Soapbox Derby
- 4 Torrington gears up for North Devon’s BIGGEST EVER Table Top Sale
- 5 North Devon builders bums needed for charity calendar
- 6 Contactless donation station for Chemohero at Affinity Devon
- 7 Man with 'fearsome' ornamental knife arrested in Barnstaple
- 8 PICTURES: New Bideford book merges old pictures with new
- 9 Assault and attempted robbery near Tarka Trail
- 10 Drink driver banned after Ilfracombe Lidl crash