Jenny’s head shave at High Bickington for North Devon Hospice
- Credit: Archant
A High Bickington woman is braving the shave to raise money for North Devon Hospice in her bid to help others despite living with a number of health conditions.
Jenny Bunting, aged 26, will lose her locks on Tuesday, July 7 after deciding to take up the hospice ‘hair raiser challenge’ and the big shave will take place at the Phunk It! salon in the village after stylist Nikki Pearce offered to help.
Jenny will also be donating her hair to the Little Princess Trust, which makes wigs for children who have lost their hair during treatment for cancer.
She has launched an online fundraising page and hopes as many people as possible will donate.
Jenny said she was inspired to her after learning that so many charities were losing money because of coronavirus.
You may also want to watch:
She said: “For the past seven years I’ve been diagnosed with several health conditions. This means I have many restrictions that my body forces upon me and means there are many days I can’t leave the house.
“So I try to use my time to do good things for others, whether it is putting games and toys outside to keep kids happy during lockdown or with the help or my mum doing foodbank donation shops several times a year.
- 1 Some North Devon GP surgeries to provide Covid vaccine clinics
- 2 Weather warning of snow and ice for Devon this weekend
- 3 Covid vaccine: Roll out continues but is North Devon being left out?
- 4 Exmoor Ramble legacy for legendary fundraiser as he battles terminal cancer
- 5 Farmer gets suspended sentence for tractor crash
- 6 Devon's Tiki surf brand is up for sale
- 7 Tributes to Ilfracombe's 30-year school governor
- 8 Barnstaple man cleared of drug dealing charges
- 9 Plans to merge North Devon and Exeter health trusts move forward
- 10 Northam murder suspect remanded in custody
“Doing the head shave for North Devon Hospice means that I don’t have to rely on others to help me plan, and in the run up to shave day. It’s just been my commitment and trying to get people to sponsor me.”
If you would like to sponsor Jenny, go to https://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/JennyBunting .