Jeep ploughs into parked cars and house
Two injured after collision near South Molton last night.
TWO men were taken to hospital after their Jeep crashed into two parked cars and ploughed into the front of a cottage at Bish Mill near South Molton last night.
Fire fighters had to cut the casualties free from the wreckage of their Jeep Cherokee after the collision on the B3227 off the A361 just before 6.30pm.
Police said the passenger suffered a serious hip injury while the driver received what were thought to be serious leg injuries. Both were taken to North Devon District Hospital in Barnstaple by South Western Ambulance Service.
A police spokesperson said the South Molton registered Jeep had collided with two empty parked cars, a locally registered Alpha Romeo and a Peugeot 206 registered to Norfolk.
You may also want to watch:
The 4x4 continued on and went through the porch and front wall of a house. No one inside was injured.
The road was closed while rescue and recovery work was carried out and it reopened again at around 11.20pm.
- 1 PICTURES: Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall visit The Burton at Bideford
- 2 Jewellery and cash stolen in Barnstaple burglary
- 3 Northam Murder: Accused carer told police he 'loved her to bits'
- 4 Rosemoor transforms into Wonderland for the summer holidays
- 5 Bideford man dies after Link Road crash near South Molton
- 6 PICTURES: Duchess of Cornwall visits Little Bridge House in Fremington
- 7 Britain’s most influential artists exhibit at The Burton at Bideford
- 8 £100K funding to Torridge towns to support recovery post Covid-19
- 9 Braunton Caen Rotary welcomes their youngest ever club president
- 10 Northam widow was found half under her bed by carer
An investigation is underway and anyone who witnessed the incident or has any information is asked to call police on 101, quoting log 639/6.