Jeep ploughs into parked cars and house
Two injured after collision near South Molton last night.
TWO men were taken to hospital after their Jeep crashed into two parked cars and ploughed into the front of a cottage at Bish Mill near South Molton last night.
Fire fighters had to cut the casualties free from the wreckage of their Jeep Cherokee after the collision on the B3227 off the A361 just before 6.30pm.
Police said the passenger suffered a serious hip injury while the driver received what were thought to be serious leg injuries. Both were taken to North Devon District Hospital in Barnstaple by South Western Ambulance Service.
A police spokesperson said the South Molton registered Jeep had collided with two empty parked cars, a locally registered Alpha Romeo and a Peugeot 206 registered to Norfolk.
You may also want to watch:
The 4x4 continued on and went through the porch and front wall of a house. No one inside was injured.
The road was closed while rescue and recovery work was carried out and it reopened again at around 11.20pm.
- 1 Volunteers come together to spruce up Barnstaple Train Station
- 2 New council led leisure company Active Torridge appoints director
- 3 New home grown manager for South Molton Swimming Pool
- 4 Appeal launched to raise £100,000 for new play equipment in Bideford
- 5 7 top tips to help you find the perfect wedding venue
- 6 More than 530 nights in a tent - Max Woosey wins Young Hero Award
- 7 Murder investigation launched in Bideford after woman found dead
- 8 Selaine Saxby's Henry to compete for Westminster Dog of the Year
- 9 Equestrian star celebrates with sporting royalty
- 10 Christine Stephenson found safe and well
An investigation is underway and anyone who witnessed the incident or has any information is asked to call police on 101, quoting log 639/6.