Jeep ploughs into parked cars and house
Two injured after collision near South Molton last night.
TWO men were taken to hospital after their Jeep crashed into two parked cars and ploughed into the front of a cottage at Bish Mill near South Molton last night.
Fire fighters had to cut the casualties free from the wreckage of their Jeep Cherokee after the collision on the B3227 off the A361 just before 6.30pm.
Police said the passenger suffered a serious hip injury while the driver received what were thought to be serious leg injuries. Both were taken to North Devon District Hospital in Barnstaple by South Western Ambulance Service.
A police spokesperson said the South Molton registered Jeep had collided with two empty parked cars, a locally registered Alpha Romeo and a Peugeot 206 registered to Norfolk.
The 4x4 continued on and went through the porch and front wall of a house. No one inside was injured.
The road was closed while rescue and recovery work was carried out and it reopened again at around 11.20pm.
- 1 MP Selaine backs plans for boost to workers' pensions
- 2 Village halls offered cash helping hand in Covid battle
- 3 Superb win on the road sets 2022 tone for Bideford
- 4 Rishi's thumbs up to £60m investment and 200 new jobs
- 5 Small steps of hope for Bideford and Barnstaple
- 6 Store giants say Merry Christmas 9,000 times over
- 7 OPINION: The North Devon Hospice has come so far
- 8 SWW warns: 'Don't be frozen out'
- 9 Why Lorna gave up working from an office to build a business around passion for surfing
- 10 ‘What a Beautiful Noise' takes to Queens stage
An investigation is underway and anyone who witnessed the incident or has any information is asked to call police on 101, quoting log 639/6.