Janet’s ‘in love’ with plastic bags
- Credit: Archant
Kitting fan makes Valentine’s dress out of plastic bags
A BIDEFORD woman’s love of knitting – and plastic bags – has helped inspire her latest creation in time for Valentine’s Day.
Janet Bonnick, a supervisor at Atlantis Kid’s Cove in Atlantic Village, unveiled her latest look – a dress made from recycled bags – on Friday.
Craft-lover Janet, 53, has been knitting for much of her life but recently decided to get creative with crochet by experimenting with plastic.
She hit the headlines last November when she made a Pudsey Bear dress from knitted yellow nappy disposal sacks and black bin liners.
You may also want to watch:
This month, Janet has also been busy knitting a plastic bag dress inspired by the latest theme at Atlantis Adventures Park – Above and Below the Waves.
Janet said: “Most people can’t believe they are made out of plastic and they love to touch them and ask me for a pattern to make one for themselves.
- 1 North Devon's largest private employer needs workers to expand
- 2 'Controversial' plan to close mental health centres in North Devon
- 3 North Devon optometrist highlights 'ticking timebomb' vision crisis
- 4 820 homes approved for Landkey despite council concern
- 5 Holidaymaker jailed for attacking partner in Ilfracombe
- 6 New Archdeacon of Barnstaple begins her role at special service in Bideford
- 7 North Devon Emergency Department in top ten for patient experience
- 8 Northam man who searched for child pornography sent on treatment course
- 9 Man seriously injured at Appledore Quay - Witness Appeal
- 10 Tributes paid to North Devon librarian Ian Tansley
“It’s really satisfying to know that people are so fascinated.”