Janet’s ‘in love’ with plastic bags
- Credit: Archant
Kitting fan makes Valentine’s dress out of plastic bags
A BIDEFORD woman’s love of knitting – and plastic bags – has helped inspire her latest creation in time for Valentine’s Day.
Janet Bonnick, a supervisor at Atlantis Kid’s Cove in Atlantic Village, unveiled her latest look – a dress made from recycled bags – on Friday.
Craft-lover Janet, 53, has been knitting for much of her life but recently decided to get creative with crochet by experimenting with plastic.
She hit the headlines last November when she made a Pudsey Bear dress from knitted yellow nappy disposal sacks and black bin liners.
You may also want to watch:
This month, Janet has also been busy knitting a plastic bag dress inspired by the latest theme at Atlantis Adventures Park – Above and Below the Waves.
Janet said: “Most people can’t believe they are made out of plastic and they love to touch them and ask me for a pattern to make one for themselves.
- 1 Man arrested after 'serious assault' outside Barnstaple nightclub
- 2 Drink driver banned after Ilfracombe Lidl crash
- 3 Assault and attempted robbery near Tarka Trail
- 4 Braunton assault leaves teen with 'serious head injuries' - witness appeal
- 5 Contractor appointed to repair Rock Park Bridge
- 6 Scream mask knifeman caused terror at Barnstaple play park
- 7 Man, 22, arrested after cyclist dies in Bideford crash
- 8 North Devon benefit fiddler must cash in pension to repay the money
- 9 Yelland Quay development refused - Campaigners celebrate
- 10 Plans to demolish and redevelop Barnstaple Civic Centre finally submitted
“It’s really satisfying to know that people are so fascinated.”