James May spotted filming with helicopter over Ilfracombe
The Top Gear star was spotted in the area this afternoon (Friday).
TOP Gear presenter James May was spotted filming with a helicopter in Ilfracombe this afternoon (Friday).
On social networking website Twitter @Thats50pSaved said: “Lots of helicopter action opposite my house in #Ilfracombe - James May and TV crew playing silly buggers - Keep the noise down James!”
And in a later tweet said: “They took off from opposite my house, tis James May and camera crew! Making lots of noise w 2 helis on rugby field opposite me.”
On Facebook, George Payne managed to capture the helicopter flying overhead towing what looks to be a plane.
He said: “Heard the helicopter and looked out the window just as it was flying over us.
“Saw the copter over the Torrs then it flew over us towards Combe Martin.”
- 1 160 traders at this year's Christmas Market in Braunton
- 2 North Devon’s Christmas Farmers Markets back at The Big Sheep for 2021
- 3 Christmas Drive-In Cinema coming to Barnstaple
- 4 Here's what we know so far about the new Covid variant
- 5 North Devon Rugby Ramble returns for 2022
- 6 Children's Hospice South West opens new shop in Barnstaple
- 7 Bideford Christmas Light Switch On dates announced
- 8 Sons remember Exmoor legend at Light Up a Life
- 9 Council to ask government to lower uniform costs for 'people struggling financially'
- 10 Indecent exposure near Barnstaple park under investigation
The TV star visited North Devon last year to film a model train race between Bideford and Barnstaple.
Previous to that, he visited in 2009 when he helped build a model railway track along the Tarka Trail.
It is unclear why the star is in the area, but it is reported he could be filming for a third series of James May’s Toy Stories.
Have you seen James May? Email your photos to firstname.lastname@example.org or call the newsdesk on 01271 345056.