Serving and former staff attend Barnstaple factory reunion
- Credit: Archant
Past and present staff from the long-standing Barnstaple employer formerly known as J & S Marine turned out for a well-attended reunion evening on Saturday, October 12.
Almost 40 people attended the event at Barnstaple Football Club.
It was organised by Marc Anton and Dave Cartwright, who were engineering apprentices at the manufacturer (now known as SEA) in the late 1970s, had been mooting the idea of a reunion for several years.
J & S Marine made a number of military products which included sonar systems, torpedo launchers and a range of other naval equipment.
It was a major employer at Pottington since 1969 and was bought out for £12million in 2014 by Cohort Plc as part of its subsidiary company SEA.
You may also want to watch:
Marc said the reunion evening had seen people share many stories and memories of happy years working there.
He added: "The evening was a great success and, with many local factories having closed over the years, it's good to see that this one is still going strong."
- 1 Contractor appointed to repair Rock Park Bridge
- 2 Braunton assault leaves teen with 'serious head injuries' - witness appeal
- 3 Nightwalk returns for 2021 with brand-new venue
- 4 Yelland Quay development refused - Campaigners celebrate
- 5 Scream mask knifeman caused terror at Barnstaple play park
- 6 HubHop - New shopping app for independent shops in North Devon
- 7 Financial support for survivors of domestic violence in North Devon
- 8 Torridge councillors meet at AGM and re-elect councillor Ken James as Leader
- 9 Man, 22, arrested after cyclist dies in Bideford crash
- 10 Fresh funds to continue rough sleeper support in North Devon