It will cause chaos
Do people realize that in September the Westward Ho! gate to Northam Burrows will be closed again, this time to rip up the toll road to Sandymere and use the scalpings as the foundations of the car park being built.
This will mean the only access will be from Sandymere gate, which will cause chaos, not only to vehicles, but to the golfers trying to play across the road, and also at the Westward Ho!/Appledore/Northam junction at school picking up times.
Once at Sandymere, there will be no access to park or drive behind the pebble ridge.
All the business in Westward Ho! will be affected as no one will be walking from Sandymere to the village.
It will also affect the surfers, kite buggies, dog walkers, picnickers and everyone who enjoys this part of the Burrows and pebble ridge.
You may also want to watch:
Once the car park is complete, it will be a pay and display, 365 days of the year, in line with all Westward Ho! car parks including Seafield.
Please, please, if you do not want this to happen, let Torridge District Council know now, because once it is gone, it is gone.
- 1 Contractor appointed to repair Rock Park Bridge
- 2 Braunton assault leaves teen with 'serious head injuries' - witness appeal
- 3 Scream mask knifeman caused terror at Barnstaple play park
- 4 Nightwalk returns for 2021 with brand-new venue
- 5 Yelland Quay development refused - Campaigners celebrate
- 6 HubHop - New shopping app for independent shops in North Devon
- 7 Man, 22, arrested after cyclist dies in Bideford crash
- 8 North Devon benefit fiddler must cash in pension to repay the money
- 9 Rotarians have great time helping Lampard School pupils
- 10 Man dies in crash involving bicycle and car in Bideford