It will cause chaos
Do people realize that in September the Westward Ho! gate to Northam Burrows will be closed again, this time to rip up the toll road to Sandymere and use the scalpings as the foundations of the car park being built.
This will mean the only access will be from Sandymere gate, which will cause chaos, not only to vehicles, but to the golfers trying to play across the road, and also at the Westward Ho!/Appledore/Northam junction at school picking up times.
Once at Sandymere, there will be no access to park or drive behind the pebble ridge.
All the business in Westward Ho! will be affected as no one will be walking from Sandymere to the village.
It will also affect the surfers, kite buggies, dog walkers, picnickers and everyone who enjoys this part of the Burrows and pebble ridge.
Once the car park is complete, it will be a pay and display, 365 days of the year, in line with all Westward Ho! car parks including Seafield.
Please, please, if you do not want this to happen, let Torridge District Council know now, because once it is gone, it is gone.
- 1 MP Selaine backs plans for boost to workers' pensions
- 2 Village halls offered cash helping hand in Covid battle
- 3 Superb win on the road sets 2022 tone for Bideford
- 4 Rishi's thumbs up to £60m investment and 200 new jobs
- 5 Small steps of hope for Bideford and Barnstaple
- 6 Store giants say Merry Christmas 9,000 times over
- 7 OPINION: The North Devon Hospice has come so far
- 8 SWW warns: 'Don't be frozen out'
- 9 ‘What a Beautiful Noise' takes to Queens stage
- 10 Young Jack strides out again for charity