It will cause chaos
Do people realize that in September the Westward Ho! gate to Northam Burrows will be closed again, this time to rip up the toll road to Sandymere and use the scalpings as the foundations of the car park being built.
This will mean the only access will be from Sandymere gate, which will cause chaos, not only to vehicles, but to the golfers trying to play across the road, and also at the Westward Ho!/Appledore/Northam junction at school picking up times.
Once at Sandymere, there will be no access to park or drive behind the pebble ridge.
All the business in Westward Ho! will be affected as no one will be walking from Sandymere to the village.
It will also affect the surfers, kite buggies, dog walkers, picnickers and everyone who enjoys this part of the Burrows and pebble ridge.
You may also want to watch:
Once the car park is complete, it will be a pay and display, 365 days of the year, in line with all Westward Ho! car parks including Seafield.
Please, please, if you do not want this to happen, let Torridge District Council know now, because once it is gone, it is gone.
- 1 'No Fuel' - Panic buying and fuel shortages hit North Devon
- 2 £34,000 raised for plumber Jed Mason with stage four cancer in less than 48 hours
- 3 One of Bideford's oldest tea rooms sold at auction
- 4 Clubber denies headbutt assault in Barnstaple
- 5 Brunswick Wharf developer given grant money to fix quay wall
- 6 New details on Barnstaple town centre regeneration revealed
- 7 Barnstaple dealer says £3,100 stash in loft was poor quality
- 8 Opening of new nature reserve in Lynton
- 9 Celebrations as gate to Pilton's Manning's Pit officially opened
- 10 Homeless man jailed after attacking Barnstaple soldier in McDonald's