Isn’t email ‘green’?
I got a complaint from a person who applied for a job with the council.
As the weeks went by and no reply he went to the offices at Bank End in Bideford to ask why, if he hadn’t got the job, they didn’t tell him, as they had his email address and his mobile number.
The answer to his asking was they didn’t send out letters because they are green-orientated and don’t like to waste paper.
But they could phone him or email – there’s no need for a letter. To me, and the way I was brought up, to not reply in some form is bad manners and very impolite.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Vandalism at Bideford's Brunswick Wharf development condemned
- 2 Cyclist left with ‘serious head injuries’ after incident in Bideford
- 3 Real ice rink coming to Barnstaple Christmas Village
- 4 North Devon architectural practice appoints new director
- 5 Fangtastic half-term Halloween fun at Yeo Valley Woodland
- 6 Firework display set to return to Barnstaple Rugby Club for 2021
- 7 Bid for £34 million to improve Devon's bus services submitted
- 8 Torrington woman rebuilds her life after devastating stroke
- 9 New app 'Dscvr' promoting North Devon town centres set to launch
- 10 Legg Power in ChemoHero fundraising