Is Pizza Hut coming to Bideford?
- Credit: Archant
Planning application for ‘coffee shop and pizza outlet’ submitted for Atlantic Park site in Bideford.
A new ‘pizza outlet’ could be coming to the Atlantic Park site in Bideford.
A new planning application for the Clovelly Road site has been submitted to Torridge District Council for a ‘drive-through coffee shop and pizza outlet’.
The application by Starbucks and KFC franchisees Amsric Food Ltd is ‘an alternative’ to the permission granted last week for an Aldi food store and Starbucks coffee shop.
The design and access statement said: “The new planning application is in effect a revision to the coffee shop component.”
You may also want to watch:
It seeks to split the unit into two and allow half to be operated as a Starbucks and the other as a ‘pizza outlet’.
Later on in the statement, the developers refer to the pizza-side of the application as a ‘Pizza Hut outlet’.
- 1 Some North Devon GP surgeries to provide Covid vaccine clinics
- 2 Weather warning of snow and ice for Devon this weekend
- 3 Covid vaccine: Roll out continues but is North Devon being left out?
- 4 Exmoor Ramble legacy for legendary fundraiser as he battles terminal cancer
- 5 Farmer gets suspended sentence for tractor crash
- 6 Devon's Tiki surf brand is up for sale
- 7 Tributes to Ilfracombe's 30-year school governor
- 8 Barnstaple man cleared of drug dealing charges
- 9 Plans to merge North Devon and Exeter health trusts move forward
- 10 Northam murder suspect remanded in custody
But a spokesman for Amscric Foods Ltd said the reference to Pizza Hut was ‘incorrect’.
The spokesman said: “The planning application is made on the basis of a new restaurant with takeaway facility falling within Use Class A3/A5.
“Planning permission only relates to the use and the land and not the operator.
“Consequently any use which falls within that classification could operate from the unit.”
The Gazette has contacted Pizza Hut for comment.