Invitation to unique community centre
PEOPLE are being invited to play their parts in the next chapter of the story of the Winsford Community Centre at Halwill Junction.
The unique Grade 2 listed former cottage hospital is an arts and crafts legacy to the local community.
It is the only publicly owned building in the UK designed by the influential architect and designer CFA Voysey. A pioneer of modern architecture and all forms of decorative art, Voysey is regarded as one of the most original and important members of the arts and crafts movement during the late 19th and early 20th century.
The trust which runs the centre is now inviting people to get involved in three different ways.
The first is to take advantage of a series of summer open days to see and hear more of the Winsford story through guided tours from 12 noon to 3pm on Fridays from July 22 to September 2.
You may also want to watch:
The next is to encourage artists and crafts people to develop courses, activities, workshops and events linked to the centre’s arts and crafts heritage.
A number of charity events have also been organised, the next being Jazz in the Marquee with the Pete Canter Quintet this Saturday from 7pm and an autumn folk night scheduled for October.
- 1 52-year-old man dies in three car crash between Bideford and Torrington
- 2 Police investigate midnight assault on scooter rider in Barnstaple
- 3 North Devon Healthcare Trust department awarded Academic status
- 4 Northam Murder: Grieving family condemn killer's lies and cruelty
- 5 Barnstaple Fair set to return for 2021 - 'May the show go on!'
- 6 Northam Murder: 'Merciless' carer gets life for killing client who caught him stealing
- 7 Man dies after 'single vehicle collision' on the A386
- 8 Coveted Muddy Stiletto award for Bideford's Josie's Interiors
- 9 Northam Murder: Carer guilty of brutal murder of frail widow
- 10 Woman reportedly assaulted at Bideford park - Police seek witnesses
For more details go to the website www.winsfordtrust.org.uk