Invitation to unique community centre
PEOPLE are being invited to play their parts in the next chapter of the story of the Winsford Community Centre at Halwill Junction.
The unique Grade 2 listed former cottage hospital is an arts and crafts legacy to the local community.
It is the only publicly owned building in the UK designed by the influential architect and designer CFA Voysey. A pioneer of modern architecture and all forms of decorative art, Voysey is regarded as one of the most original and important members of the arts and crafts movement during the late 19th and early 20th century.
The trust which runs the centre is now inviting people to get involved in three different ways.
The first is to take advantage of a series of summer open days to see and hear more of the Winsford story through guided tours from 12 noon to 3pm on Fridays from July 22 to September 2.
You may also want to watch:
The next is to encourage artists and crafts people to develop courses, activities, workshops and events linked to the centre’s arts and crafts heritage.
A number of charity events have also been organised, the next being Jazz in the Marquee with the Pete Canter Quintet this Saturday from 7pm and an autumn folk night scheduled for October.
- 1 Real ice rink coming to Barnstaple Christmas Village
- 2 Torrington woman rebuilds her life after devastating stroke
- 3 £2.1m upgrade will provide space for 38 new North Devon jobs
- 4 Vandalism at Bideford's Brunswick Wharf development condemned
- 5 Cyclist left with ‘serious head injuries’ after incident in Bideford
- 6 Fangtastic half-term Halloween fun at Yeo Valley Woodland
- 7 Bid for £34 million to improve Devon's bus services submitted
- 8 New app 'Dscvr' promoting North Devon town centres set to launch
- 9 Firework display set to return to Barnstaple Rugby Club for 2021
- 10 North Devon architectural practice appoints new director
For more details go to the website www.winsfordtrust.org.uk