Invitation to unique community centre
PEOPLE are being invited to play their parts in the next chapter of the story of the Winsford Community Centre at Halwill Junction.
The unique Grade 2 listed former cottage hospital is an arts and crafts legacy to the local community.
It is the only publicly owned building in the UK designed by the influential architect and designer CFA Voysey. A pioneer of modern architecture and all forms of decorative art, Voysey is regarded as one of the most original and important members of the arts and crafts movement during the late 19th and early 20th century.
The trust which runs the centre is now inviting people to get involved in three different ways.
The first is to take advantage of a series of summer open days to see and hear more of the Winsford story through guided tours from 12 noon to 3pm on Fridays from July 22 to September 2.
You may also want to watch:
The next is to encourage artists and crafts people to develop courses, activities, workshops and events linked to the centre’s arts and crafts heritage.
A number of charity events have also been organised, the next being Jazz in the Marquee with the Pete Canter Quintet this Saturday from 7pm and an autumn folk night scheduled for October.
- 1 Jealous Barnstaple boyfriend made divorcee get rid of wedding dress
- 2 North Devon business signs up to 1 billion tree project
- 3 The Plough announces Open-Air Theatre Festival
- 4 Holidaycottages.co.uk celebrates launch of new office in Braunton
- 5 Criminal damage at Fremington Football Club - Police appeal
- 6 Little Leo’s big challenge for Children’s Hospice South West
- 7 Bungling Northam burglar facing jail
- 8 Boris Johnson - Time between Covid jabs cut in response to Indian variant
- 9 North Devon sign West Indian pace bowler
- 10 'ThINK it through before you tattoo' urges council
For more details go to the website www.winsfordtrust.org.uk