Invitation to join Barnstaple show band
MUSICIANS of all ages are being invited to join of one of North Devon s well known bands. The Albert Hall Showband, set up by Barnstaple music teacher Albert Hall, is keen to recruit new members to help fill its ranks and enable the band to play at a numb
MUSICIANS of all ages are being invited to join of one of North Devon's well known bands.
The Albert Hall Showband, set up by Barnstaple music teacher Albert Hall, is keen to recruit new members to help fill its ranks and enable the band to play at a number of engagements in the year ahead.
All ages and abilities are welcome - the band's oldest member is currently 86 and the youngest just 13.
Trombonists would be particularly welcome, but so would other brass and wood wind players.
You may also want to watch:
Since it formed in 2002 the band has played music to suit all tastes and in a verity of places, from local charity events and churches to visit to Barnstaple's twin towns in America and Germany.
The aim is to keep everything friendly, fun and informal, with a variety of regular social activities and get togethers. The band would love to hear from any musicians who would like to find out more or perhaps take up playing again on a regular basis. The band meets on a Monday evening from 7.30-9pm. To find out more, contact Pauline Hall on (01271) 379155.
- 1 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 2 'ThINK it through before you tattoo' urges council
- 3 North Devon sign West Indian pace bowler
- 4 People in North Devon urged to take up the vaccine to help protect others
- 5 Ilfracombe man, 64, must pay compensation for baseball bat attack
- 6 Alison Hernandez vows to get tough on crime as she retains PCC role
- 7 Ton-up Brend helps Bideford set early pace
- 8 Small-time drug dealer 'caught red-handed'
- 9 MP welcomes free virtual funding workshop for North Devon charities
- 10 Conservatives maintain control of Devon County Council despite losses