Investigation into Holsworthy fly tipping
INVESTIGATIONS are being made into the illegal dumping of baths, toilets, sinks and a host of tiles and rubble along a cycle path known locally as Lamb s Lane, in Derriton near Holsworthy. Horse riders alerted police, who contacted Torridge District Coun
INVESTIGATIONS are being made into the illegal dumping of baths, toilets, sinks and a host of tiles and rubble along a cycle path known locally as Lamb's Lane, in Derriton near Holsworthy.
Horse riders alerted police, who contacted Torridge District Council's enviro-crime officer Andy Fenge. He found the large mound of old bathroom fittings and other building material at the side of the lane.
Holsworthy District Councillor Richard Brown also visited the site.
He said: "Sadly this is yet another example of totally irresponsible behaviour, which is not only desecrating and polluting our beautiful and rural surroundings, but also causing extra costs for council tax payers as Torridge has to sort out the mess. Fly tipping is to my mind unforgivable, especially as the council provides so many legitimate ways of disposing of all kinds of waste."
You may also want to watch:
Lead Member for Environmental Health Councillor Barry Parsons said: "Fly tipping is behaviour that is totally irresponsible, unnecessary, selfish and potentially dangerous for our people, our animals, as well as our environment. Over the past 12 months we have successfully prosecuted fly tippers four times. The council will do all it can to find the people responsible."
If anyone recognises this waste or has information on any fly-tipping, illegal disposal of trade waste or nuisance dumping of household rubbish they can contact Andy in confidence on (01237) 428734 or 428890.
- 1 Speeding driver facing jail after 'web of lies'
- 2 Chivenor marines among UK troops hit by Norway Covid outbreak
- 3 Covid-19 roundup: Devon cases fall but follow lockdown rules
- 4 Busy first day for new Covid-19 vaccination centre at Westward Ho!
- 5 Pictures: North Devon's winter wonderland
- 6 Judge jails 'worst' drink driver he has ever seen
- 7 Work begins on Northam Burrows Visitor Centre refurbishment
- 8 Tributes paid to 'legendary' North Devon vet Brian Crawford
- 9 Two arrested as teenager fights for life after Ilfracombe stabbing
- 10 Covid vaccine: Roll out continues but is North Devon being left out?