Instow election after councillors resign
- Credit: Archant
Council seeking four new members after resignations, with three to be chosen at by election on February 7.
AN election will be held at Instow on Thursday of next week (February 7) following the resignation of four parish councillors.
Three seats are being contested in the by-election following the resignation of Stewart White, Peter Cook and Ben Thomas, all citing personal reasons.
Polling will take place at All Saints Community Centre in Anstey way, Instow, with candidates Michael Champion, Bob Harrison, Shooey Maccall and Will Vandersteen standing for election.
Since the by-election was called, a fourth councillor, Charlie Harper, has also resigned for personal reasons.
You may also want to watch:
Notices have been posted and an election will be held by February 14 if requested by 10 electors of the parish.
- 1 Brother told sister 'you're dead' after birthday party bust-up
- 2 Chaos guaranteed at the first Bideford Soapbox Derby
- 3 Man with 'fearsome' ornamental knife arrested in Barnstaple
- 4 Torrington gears up for North Devon’s BIGGEST EVER Table Top Sale
- 5 Contactless donation station for Chemohero at Affinity Devon
- 6 Ilfracombe dressage star Caitlin Burgess pursues Olympic dream
- 7 PICTURES: New Bideford book merges old pictures with new
- 8 Assault and attempted robbery near Tarka Trail
- 9 Man arrested after 'serious assault' outside Barnstaple nightclub
- 10 Drink driver banned after Ilfracombe Lidl crash