Instow election after councillors resign
- Credit: Archant
Council seeking four new members after resignations, with three to be chosen at by election on February 7.
AN election will be held at Instow on Thursday of next week (February 7) following the resignation of four parish councillors.
Three seats are being contested in the by-election following the resignation of Stewart White, Peter Cook and Ben Thomas, all citing personal reasons.
Polling will take place at All Saints Community Centre in Anstey way, Instow, with candidates Michael Champion, Bob Harrison, Shooey Maccall and Will Vandersteen standing for election.
Since the by-election was called, a fourth councillor, Charlie Harper, has also resigned for personal reasons.
You may also want to watch:
Notices have been posted and an election will be held by February 14 if requested by 10 electors of the parish.
- 1 'No Fuel' - Panic buying and fuel shortages hit North Devon
- 2 £34,000 raised for plumber Jed Mason with stage four cancer in less than 48 hours
- 3 One of Bideford's oldest tea rooms sold at auction
- 4 Clubber denies headbutt assault in Barnstaple
- 5 New details on Barnstaple town centre regeneration revealed
- 6 Celebrations as gate to Pilton's Manning's Pit officially opened
- 7 Brunswick Wharf developer given grant money to fix quay wall
- 8 Bideford's Millbrook Dairy awarded its first star at Great Taste Awards
- 9 Barnstaple dealer says £3,100 stash in loft was poor quality
- 10 Street food traders revealed for South Molton Food and Drink Festival