Inspirational sailor leads the way
- Credit: Archant
Ilfracombe’s ‘Reggie’ honoured for ‘unflinching loyalty’ to the Royal Navy.
AN Ilfracombe sailor has been awarded the Fleet Commander’s Commendation for her ‘unflinching loyalty’ to the Royal Navy.
Master-at-Arms Lorraine Perrin, 46, known to her friends and colleagues as Reggie, joined the Navy in May 1985. She has sailed the world during her 28-year career, visiting far-flung places such as Antarctica and the Indian Ocean.
The former Ilfracombe School pupil, a leadership instructor at HMS Collingwood in Fareham, received the award in recognition of her service at the Portsmouth Waterfront Manning Office.
Her citation reads “Master-at-Arms Perrin has displayed unflinching loyalty, wholehearted commitment and inspirational drive in supporting ships deployed on operations.
You may also want to watch:
“She is most deserving of a Fleet Commander’s Commendation.”
MA Perrin, who is also the drum major of the Royal Navy Volunteer Band, has also been awarded long service and good conduct medals, two Queen’s Jubilee Medals and the Former Yugoslavia Medal and Clasp during her long career.
- 1 Brother told sister 'you're dead' after birthday party bust-up
- 2 Bideford Pannier Market offers traders new deal
- 3 Chaos guaranteed at the first Bideford Soapbox Derby
- 4 Barnstaple Roundtable focuses on the importance of defibrillators
- 5 Torrington gears up for North Devon’s BIGGEST EVER Table Top Sale
- 6 North Devon MP Selaine Saxby leads World Ocean Day debate
- 7 Man with 'fearsome' ornamental knife arrested in Barnstaple
- 8 Assault and attempted robbery near Tarka Trail
- 9 North Devon builders bums needed for charity calendar
- 10 PICTURES: New Bideford book merges old pictures with new
She said she felt proud and honoured to receive the honour.