Inspirational sailor leads the way
- Credit: Archant
Ilfracombe’s ‘Reggie’ honoured for ‘unflinching loyalty’ to the Royal Navy.
AN Ilfracombe sailor has been awarded the Fleet Commander’s Commendation for her ‘unflinching loyalty’ to the Royal Navy.
Master-at-Arms Lorraine Perrin, 46, known to her friends and colleagues as Reggie, joined the Navy in May 1985. She has sailed the world during her 28-year career, visiting far-flung places such as Antarctica and the Indian Ocean.
The former Ilfracombe School pupil, a leadership instructor at HMS Collingwood in Fareham, received the award in recognition of her service at the Portsmouth Waterfront Manning Office.
Her citation reads “Master-at-Arms Perrin has displayed unflinching loyalty, wholehearted commitment and inspirational drive in supporting ships deployed on operations.
You may also want to watch:
“She is most deserving of a Fleet Commander’s Commendation.”
MA Perrin, who is also the drum major of the Royal Navy Volunteer Band, has also been awarded long service and good conduct medals, two Queen’s Jubilee Medals and the Former Yugoslavia Medal and Clasp during her long career.
- 1 Drink spiking crackdown after needle attack - Devon Police
- 2 'Neglected' North Devon taxi firm challenged by councillors
- 3 £2.1m upgrade will provide space for 38 new North Devon jobs
- 4 Bideford's First Food and Drink Festival coming soon
- 5 Real ice rink coming to Barnstaple Christmas Village
- 6 Torrington woman rebuilds her life after devastating stroke
- 7 Appeal goes out to patients as Devon's health service buckle under pressure
- 8 Cyclist left with ‘serious head injuries’ after incident in Bideford
- 9 Affinity Devon seeks next Charity of the Year
- 10 People and businesses asked to join Barnstaple clean up
She said she felt proud and honoured to receive the honour.