Inspectors praise Barnstaple children’s centre
Victoria Road centre is “good or outstanding” says Ofsted report.
THE Barnstaple Children’s Centre in Victoria Road has been praised by Ofsted for the way it works with its families and community partners.
Inspectors judged the good or outstanding in all areas of provision and said it offered good support for families.
“Staff are well led and work together effectively as a team and with outside agencies to provide families with a good range of well-coordinated services,” said Ofsted Jane Burchall in her report.
And she said families using the “Barnstaple 1” centre truly valued the outstanding care, guidance and support they receive.
You may also want to watch:
“Parents are encouraged and supported to make a positive contribution to their community through being part of a strong and successful volunteer programme,” she said.
Parents are represented through a Families Voice forum, are involved in a variety of sessions, courses and initiatives at the centre, including health, nutrition and breastfeeding support.
- 1 £34,000 raised for plumber Jed Mason with stage four cancer in less than 48 hours
- 2 One of Bideford's oldest tea rooms sold at auction
- 3 Barnstaple dealer says £3,100 stash in loft was poor quality
- 4 New details on Barnstaple town centre regeneration revealed
- 5 Brunswick Wharf developer given grant money to fix quay wall
- 6 Opening of new nature reserve in Lynton
- 7 Homeless man jailed after attacking Barnstaple soldier in McDonald's
- 8 North Devon's largest private employer needs workers to expand
- 9 MISSING: Police search for David Kose from Ilfracombe
- 10 Celebrations as gate to Pilton's Manning's Pit officially opened
The report also paid tribute centre staff and leadership, saying: “The centre is well led by an extremely committed manager and a passionate senior management team. Staff share the same passion to improve outcomes for the families they work with.
Centre Manager Helen Hallam said she was pleased with “a really positive report.
“It was a very good result for us, but there is more to do to ensure that even more families are able to benefit from the wide range of services and support the centres offer,” she added.