Inspectors praise Barnstaple children’s centre
Victoria Road centre is “good or outstanding” says Ofsted report.
THE Barnstaple Children’s Centre in Victoria Road has been praised by Ofsted for the way it works with its families and community partners.
Inspectors judged the good or outstanding in all areas of provision and said it offered good support for families.
“Staff are well led and work together effectively as a team and with outside agencies to provide families with a good range of well-coordinated services,” said Ofsted Jane Burchall in her report.
And she said families using the “Barnstaple 1” centre truly valued the outstanding care, guidance and support they receive.
You may also want to watch:
“Parents are encouraged and supported to make a positive contribution to their community through being part of a strong and successful volunteer programme,” she said.
Parents are represented through a Families Voice forum, are involved in a variety of sessions, courses and initiatives at the centre, including health, nutrition and breastfeeding support.
- 1 Small-time drug dealer 'caught red-handed'
- 2 'ThINK it through before you tattoo' urges council
- 3 Prime minister to give green light for May 17 Covid-19 lockdown easing
- 4 County Council Elections: Candidates for Torridge
- 5 Police appeal after Barnstaple brawl
- 6 County Council Elections: Candidates for North Devon
- 7 Conservatives maintain control of Devon County Council despite losses
- 8 Ilfracombe man, 64, must pay compensation for baseball bat attack
- 9 12 countries announced on travel green list from May 17
- 10 Bideford paramedic compensated after winning victimisation claim
The report also paid tribute centre staff and leadership, saying: “The centre is well led by an extremely committed manager and a passionate senior management team. Staff share the same passion to improve outcomes for the families they work with.
Centre Manager Helen Hallam said she was pleased with “a really positive report.
“It was a very good result for us, but there is more to do to ensure that even more families are able to benefit from the wide range of services and support the centres offer,” she added.