Independent candidate wins Braunton by-election
- Credit: Archant
Trish Parsons has thanked everyone who voted for her in Braunton by-election.
THE winner of Thursday’s Braunton Parish Council’s by-election has thanked those who voted for her.
Trish Parsons, the Independent candidate, has lived in the village for 27 years and said she hoped to combat traffic and flooding problems.
“I am always one of the first to moan about problems in Braunton, so when a position came up on the parish council I looked upon it as an opportunity to be able to speak up and advocate for those with the same concerns as my own,” she said.
“Living in Mill Stile I am more than aware of the flooding problems, last year being the worst in many years. More properties and businesses were flooded in Braunton than the whole of the rest of North Devon.
You may also want to watch:
“Having been elected, I will, along with the rest of the Parish Council be a voice of the community, listening to residents and campaigning their concerns and needs.”
Trish is self employed, working in mental health with adults with a learning disability, as well as offering respite via social services.
- 1 Homeless man jailed after attacking Barnstaple soldier in McDonald's
- 2 North Devon's largest private employer needs workers to expand
- 3 MISSING: Police search for David Kose from Ilfracombe
- 4 Street food traders revealed for South Molton Food and Drink Festival
- 5 North Devon optometrist highlights 'ticking timebomb' vision crisis
- 6 Barnstaple dealer says £3,100 stash in loft was poor quality
- 7 New details on Barnstaple town centre regeneration revealed
- 8 Celebrating 15 years of North Devon charity Families in Grief
- 9 North Devon Emergency Department in top ten for patient experience
- 10 820 homes approved for Landkey despite council concern