Independent candidate wins Braunton by-election
- Credit: Archant
Trish Parsons has thanked everyone who voted for her in Braunton by-election.
THE winner of Thursday’s Braunton Parish Council’s by-election has thanked those who voted for her.
Trish Parsons, the Independent candidate, has lived in the village for 27 years and said she hoped to combat traffic and flooding problems.
“I am always one of the first to moan about problems in Braunton, so when a position came up on the parish council I looked upon it as an opportunity to be able to speak up and advocate for those with the same concerns as my own,” she said.
“Living in Mill Stile I am more than aware of the flooding problems, last year being the worst in many years. More properties and businesses were flooded in Braunton than the whole of the rest of North Devon.
You may also want to watch:
“Having been elected, I will, along with the rest of the Parish Council be a voice of the community, listening to residents and campaigning their concerns and needs.”
Trish is self employed, working in mental health with adults with a learning disability, as well as offering respite via social services.
- 1 A361 Link Road closed after three vehicle crash
- 2 Thieves steal £3,500 of fragrances from Barnstaple department store
- 3 North Devon men to swim the English Channel and back again
- 4 Bideford woman wins £70,000 and turns miles into trees
- 5 Farmer fined for ploughing up protected Iron Age remains
- 6 Tractor guidance systems taken from farm near Bideford
- 7 Rare vehicles from Dave Vanstone Collection go to auction
- 8 Bideford town centre regeneration plan backed by council
- 9 Barnstaple firm develops new anti-Covid alloy to replace stainless steel
- 10 North Devon woman reveals huge collection of HM Queen portraits and memorabilia