In pictures: ‘Biggest ever’ Pilton Festival
The sun shines as Pilton enjoys ‘Green Man Day’ in style.
THE 2012 Pilton Green Man Festival has been hailed as possibly the biggest ever after thousands flocked to enjoy the entertainment and sunshine on Saturday.
Beginning with a parade from Barnstaple Square, the ‘Green Man’ and a host of colourful characters led the charge to a packed Pilton Street where music, stalls and entertainers awaited.
At noon and 3pm there was a mesmerising display of the traditional Pageant on the lawns of Pilton House, telling how the ‘Green Man’ meets the ‘Prior of Pilton’, the tale at the centre of the festival.
Dave Butt, festival chairman, said it had been ‘an amazing day’:
You may also want to watch:
“It was probably the biggest we have ever done and as a non profit community event I thought it was second to none, with something for everyone,” he said.
“Thank you once again to the dedicated group of volunteers whose hard work has made it all possible.”
- 1 £34,000 raised for plumber Jed Mason with stage four cancer in less than 48 hours
- 2 One of Bideford's oldest tea rooms sold at auction
- 3 Barnstaple dealer says £3,100 stash in loft was poor quality
- 4 New details on Barnstaple town centre regeneration revealed
- 5 Brunswick Wharf developer given grant money to fix quay wall
- 6 Opening of new nature reserve in Lynton
- 7 Homeless man jailed after attacking Barnstaple soldier in McDonald's
- 8 North Devon's largest private employer needs workers to expand
- 9 MISSING: Police search for David Kose from Ilfracombe
- 10 Celebrations as gate to Pilton's Manning's Pit officially opened