In pictures: ‘Biggest ever’ Pilton Festival
The sun shines as Pilton enjoys ‘Green Man Day’ in style.
THE 2012 Pilton Green Man Festival has been hailed as possibly the biggest ever after thousands flocked to enjoy the entertainment and sunshine on Saturday.
Beginning with a parade from Barnstaple Square, the ‘Green Man’ and a host of colourful characters led the charge to a packed Pilton Street where music, stalls and entertainers awaited.
At noon and 3pm there was a mesmerising display of the traditional Pageant on the lawns of Pilton House, telling how the ‘Green Man’ meets the ‘Prior of Pilton’, the tale at the centre of the festival.
Dave Butt, festival chairman, said it had been ‘an amazing day’:
You may also want to watch:
“It was probably the biggest we have ever done and as a non profit community event I thought it was second to none, with something for everyone,” he said.
“Thank you once again to the dedicated group of volunteers whose hard work has made it all possible.”
- 1 'ThINK it through before you tattoo' urges council
- 2 Ilfracombe man, 64, must pay compensation for baseball bat attack
- 3 Conservatives maintain control of Devon County Council despite losses
- 4 Small-time drug dealer 'caught red-handed'
- 5 North Devon sign West Indian pace bowler
- 6 Prime minister to give green light for May 17 Covid-19 lockdown easing
- 7 County Council Elections: Candidates for Torridge
- 8 Police appeal after Barnstaple brawl
- 9 County Council Elections: Candidates for North Devon
- 10 Alison Hernandez vows to get tough on crime as she retains PCC role