In memory of baby Harry
A SPECIAL event in Appledore at the end of this month will remember the tragedy of a lost baby and raise funds for the Neo-Natal Intensive Care Unit at Derriford Hospital in Plymouth.
The silent auction being held in Appledore Hall on the evening of April 30 is being organised by young Abbotsham couple Danielle Hamilton and James Fletcher.
They lost their baby son last year and are keen to give something back to the Plymouth unit which gave him every care.
“Last year started off as the best year of my life as I found I was expecting my first child,” said Danielle. “ When I was 23 weeks pregnant I was admitted to hospital after going into premature labour. My beautiful son Harry Oliver Fletcher was born on September 11 in Derriford Hospital, Plymouth. He was immediately admitted to the NICU, where the staff took great care of him. But, sadly, after 11 days he took a turn for the worse and passed away. This devasted me and James and our family and friends. At Harry’s funeral were asked for donations and raised �305.”
Now approaches by the couple to a wide range of businesses, organisations and individuals have resulted in nearly 80 items being donated so far for their raising auction and a raffle.
You may also want to watch:
They include a signed Exeter Chiefs rugby ball, theatre and hotel packages, signed Manchester United merchandise, signed celebrity photographs, a wine tasting tour and family days out.
“We have had loads of donations. People have been so generous,” said Danielle.
- 1 Bungling Northam burglar facing jail
- 2 North Devon sign West Indian pace bowler
- 3 MP nominates North Devon champions for Levelling Up Awards
- 4 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 5 'ThINK it through before you tattoo' urges council
- 6 5-year-old Emily signs up to Appledore RNLI Mayday Mile Event
- 7 Ilfracombe man, 64, must pay compensation for baseball bat attack
- 8 People in North Devon urged to take up the vaccine to help protect others
- 9 Conservatives maintain control of Devon County Council despite losses
- 10 Police appeal after Barnstaple brawl
The evening kicks off around 7pm and will also include refreshments and live band ACTIV8.