In memory of baby Harry
A SPECIAL event in Appledore at the end of this month will remember the tragedy of a lost baby and raise funds for the Neo-Natal Intensive Care Unit at Derriford Hospital in Plymouth.
The silent auction being held in Appledore Hall on the evening of April 30 is being organised by young Abbotsham couple Danielle Hamilton and James Fletcher.
They lost their baby son last year and are keen to give something back to the Plymouth unit which gave him every care.
“Last year started off as the best year of my life as I found I was expecting my first child,” said Danielle. “ When I was 23 weeks pregnant I was admitted to hospital after going into premature labour. My beautiful son Harry Oliver Fletcher was born on September 11 in Derriford Hospital, Plymouth. He was immediately admitted to the NICU, where the staff took great care of him. But, sadly, after 11 days he took a turn for the worse and passed away. This devasted me and James and our family and friends. At Harry’s funeral were asked for donations and raised �305.”
Now approaches by the couple to a wide range of businesses, organisations and individuals have resulted in nearly 80 items being donated so far for their raising auction and a raffle.
They include a signed Exeter Chiefs rugby ball, theatre and hotel packages, signed Manchester United merchandise, signed celebrity photographs, a wine tasting tour and family days out.
“We have had loads of donations. People have been so generous,” said Danielle.
- 1 Christmas Drive-In Cinema coming to Barnstaple
- 2 Indecent exposure near Barnstaple park under investigation
- 3 Bideford Christmas Light Switch On dates announced
- 4 OPINION: Realising the full potential of the Celtic Sea - Selaine Saxby
- 5 Hip-hop comes to Torrington Dental Practice
- 6 Property of the Week: Hanson Park - Northam
- 7 Hero soldier auctioning medals to provide ‘best opportunities’ for his children
- 8 OPINION: Myth busting the Green Lanes purchase - David Worden
- 9 Bring the children to see Santa at Chivenor Christmas Craft Market
- 10 Get dressed up to Race the Reindeer in Bideford this Christmas
The evening kicks off around 7pm and will also include refreshments and live band ACTIV8.