In Bloom judges visit Ilfracombe and Hele
- Credit: Archant
Communities welcome judges for a tour as they make separate entries this year.
SOUTH West in Bloom judges have made two separate visits to make to Ilfracombe this year after Hele entered in its own right.
Ilfracombe in Bloom is hoping to achieve a Gold award for the third year running and judges Roy Poole plus Alison Wells commented on how wonderful the floral displays looked, despite the hot weather.
They were welcomed by the Mayor, Lynda Courtnadge and after presentations, toured the town with Ilfracombe in Bloom chairman Ivan Frances.
Meanwhile, Hele has entered the new ‘small town or village’ category and was visited by judge John Goulden.
You may also want to watch:
David Jones, chairman of the Hele Community Group, said the decision to enter had only been made a few months ago: “It’s been a real community effort, people have planted, watered, weeded, painted and strimmed in preparation.”
The results will not be known until the South West in Bloom presentation day at Truro on September 19.
- 1 Farmer fined for ploughing up protected Iron Age remains
- 2 Tractor guidance systems taken from farm near Bideford
- 3 North Devon woman reveals huge collection of HM Queen portraits and memorabilia
- 4 Rare vehicles from Dave Vanstone Collection go to auction
- 5 Bideford town centre regeneration plan backed by council
- 6 South Molton youngsters enjoy Land Rover Premiership Rugby Cup
- 7 Brother told sister 'you're dead' after birthday party bust-up
- 8 Bideford woman wins £70,000 and turns miles into trees
- 9 Teams needed for Appledore RNLI Boat Pull
- 10 Bideford Pannier Market offers traders new deal
* The annual Ilfracombe in Bloom Horticultural and Craft Show takes place at the Landmark Pavilion this Sunday from 1pm. There is a wide range of categories and entry forms are available from Pedlar’s and Webbers in the High Street, or email firstname.lastname@example.org