In Bloom judges visit Ilfracombe and Hele
- Credit: Archant
Communities welcome judges for a tour as they make separate entries this year.
SOUTH West in Bloom judges have made two separate visits to make to Ilfracombe this year after Hele entered in its own right.
Ilfracombe in Bloom is hoping to achieve a Gold award for the third year running and judges Roy Poole plus Alison Wells commented on how wonderful the floral displays looked, despite the hot weather.
They were welcomed by the Mayor, Lynda Courtnadge and after presentations, toured the town with Ilfracombe in Bloom chairman Ivan Frances.
Meanwhile, Hele has entered the new ‘small town or village’ category and was visited by judge John Goulden.
You may also want to watch:
David Jones, chairman of the Hele Community Group, said the decision to enter had only been made a few months ago: “It’s been a real community effort, people have planted, watered, weeded, painted and strimmed in preparation.”
The results will not be known until the South West in Bloom presentation day at Truro on September 19.
- 1 'Controversial' plan to close mental health centres in North Devon
- 2 Holidaymaker jailed for attacking partner in Ilfracombe
- 3 820 homes approved for Landkey despite council concern
- 4 Northam man who searched for child pornography sent on treatment course
- 5 Man seriously injured at Appledore Quay - Witness Appeal
- 6 Torridge launches Waste and Recycling Roadshows
- 7 Tributes paid to North Devon librarian Ian Tansley
- 8 Man left with 'life changing' injuries after assault in Barnstaple
- 9 'Monster' jailed after abuse victim tells judge of his torment
- 10 PICTURES: Women 'Walk Taller Than The Trees' at Nightwalk 2021
* The annual Ilfracombe in Bloom Horticultural and Craft Show takes place at the Landmark Pavilion this Sunday from 1pm. There is a wide range of categories and entry forms are available from Pedlar’s and Webbers in the High Street, or email firstname.lastname@example.org