In Bloom judges visit Ilfracombe and Hele
- Credit: Archant
Communities welcome judges for a tour as they make separate entries this year.
SOUTH West in Bloom judges have made two separate visits to make to Ilfracombe this year after Hele entered in its own right.
Ilfracombe in Bloom is hoping to achieve a Gold award for the third year running and judges Roy Poole plus Alison Wells commented on how wonderful the floral displays looked, despite the hot weather.
They were welcomed by the Mayor, Lynda Courtnadge and after presentations, toured the town with Ilfracombe in Bloom chairman Ivan Frances.
Meanwhile, Hele has entered the new ‘small town or village’ category and was visited by judge John Goulden.
David Jones, chairman of the Hele Community Group, said the decision to enter had only been made a few months ago: “It’s been a real community effort, people have planted, watered, weeded, painted and strimmed in preparation.”
The results will not be known until the South West in Bloom presentation day at Truro on September 19.
- 1 Village halls offered cash helping hand in Covid battle
- 2 MP Selaine backs plans for boost to workers' pensions
- 3 Small steps of hope for Bideford and Barnstaple
- 4 Steve’s family and friends bring Christmas to hospital ward
- 5 Property of the Week: Some of the finest views of North Devon's coast
- 6 Together we can look forward to 2022
- 7 Store giants say Merry Christmas 9,000 times over
- 8 Masons donate £20,000 to food banks
- 9 OPINION: Hi-Tech – Is North Devon ahead or behind the curve?
- 10 SWW warns: 'Don't be frozen out'
* The annual Ilfracombe in Bloom Horticultural and Craft Show takes place at the Landmark Pavilion this Sunday from 1pm. There is a wide range of categories and entry forms are available from Pedlar’s and Webbers in the High Street, or email firstname.lastname@example.org