Impressive start for police community team in North Devon
Earl Napier, the Police and Communities Together (PACT) team leader in North Devon, has listed the PACT team s successes since its formation in April this year. An impressive set of operations has seen under-age drinking being tackled, with more account
Earl Napier, the Police and Communities Together (PACT) team leader in North Devon, has listed the PACT team's' successes since its formation in April this year.
An impressive set of operations has seen under-age drinking being tackled, with more accountability for reform placed on the offending licensed premises.
The team is headed by Sgt Earl Napier and includes PCs Andy Peel, Chris Carter, Sacha Lewis, Chris Mannell and Simeon Bayliss.
Their main objective is to assist various policing departments and partner agencies in addressing key issues identified by the Pact (partnership and communities together) process. These are issues identified by the public as being major priorities for the area.
You may also want to watch:
The team has worked extensively with licensing officers from Devon County Council, Trading Standards, Torridge District Council and North Devon Councils to tackle the problem of under-age drinking and anti-social behaviour resulting from drink. The most impressive work has been the operations linked with the late night economy.
All PACT team members are trained in a number of areas; to undertake forced entries on drug warrants; enhanced licensing legislation, ultra light speed guns, Socap Recovery (to deal with road safety) and events planning to ensure a common minimum standard of operational orders for pre planned events.
- 1 PICTURES: Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall visit The Burton at Bideford
- 2 Jewellery and cash stolen in Barnstaple burglary
- 3 Northam Murder: Accused carer told police he 'loved her to bits'
- 4 Rosemoor transforms into Wonderland for the summer holidays
- 5 PICTURES: Duchess of Cornwall visits Little Bridge House in Fremington
- 6 Bideford man dies after Link Road crash near South Molton
- 7 GPs in Devon seeing more patients face-to-face than UK average
- 8 Britain’s most influential artists exhibit at The Burton at Bideford
- 9 Braunton Caen Rotary welcomes their youngest ever club president
- 10 Plan to replace old North Devon Leisure Centre with housing submitted
The PACT team address issues such as dealing with anti-social behaviour, public disorder and alcohol misuse associated with the night-time economy. They also provide additional support to other policing teams at planned events and operations. They provide a proactive policing presence, instilling public reassurance and increasing public confidence and satisfaction in the policing services of the area.