Impressive start for police community team in North Devon
Earl Napier, the Police and Communities Together (PACT) team leader in North Devon, has listed the PACT team s successes since its formation in April this year. An impressive set of operations has seen under-age drinking being tackled, with more account
Earl Napier, the Police and Communities Together (PACT) team leader in North Devon, has listed the PACT team's' successes since its formation in April this year.
An impressive set of operations has seen under-age drinking being tackled, with more accountability for reform placed on the offending licensed premises.
The team is headed by Sgt Earl Napier and includes PCs Andy Peel, Chris Carter, Sacha Lewis, Chris Mannell and Simeon Bayliss.
Their main objective is to assist various policing departments and partner agencies in addressing key issues identified by the Pact (partnership and communities together) process. These are issues identified by the public as being major priorities for the area.
You may also want to watch:
The team has worked extensively with licensing officers from Devon County Council, Trading Standards, Torridge District Council and North Devon Councils to tackle the problem of under-age drinking and anti-social behaviour resulting from drink. The most impressive work has been the operations linked with the late night economy.
All PACT team members are trained in a number of areas; to undertake forced entries on drug warrants; enhanced licensing legislation, ultra light speed guns, Socap Recovery (to deal with road safety) and events planning to ensure a common minimum standard of operational orders for pre planned events.
- 1 Some North Devon GP surgeries to provide Covid vaccine clinics
- 2 Covid vaccine: Roll out continues but is North Devon being left out?
- 3 Weather warning of snow and ice for Devon this weekend
- 4 Exmoor Ramble legacy for legendary fundraiser as he battles terminal cancer
- 5 Farmer gets suspended sentence for tractor crash
- 6 Barnstaple man’s 5k-a-day challenge for children’s hospice
- 7 Plans to merge North Devon and Exeter health trusts move forward
- 8 Devon's Tiki surf brand is up for sale
- 9 Three more Covid deaths at North Devon District Hospital but cases are falling
- 10 Council and police step up Covid enforcement in North Devon
The PACT team address issues such as dealing with anti-social behaviour, public disorder and alcohol misuse associated with the night-time economy. They also provide additional support to other policing teams at planned events and operations. They provide a proactive policing presence, instilling public reassurance and increasing public confidence and satisfaction in the policing services of the area.