Ilfracombe Wetherspoon will now open in June
- Credit: Archant
New £4million pub and restaurant The Admiral Collingwood now scheduled to open on Tuesday, June 3.
The new Ilfracombe Wetherspoon is now due to open on Tuesday, June 3.
The Admiral Collingwood at the seafront was scheduled to open on Tuesday (May 20) but no reason has been given for the two week delay.
Recruitment for new staff is now well underway and it is expected some 70 jobs will be created.
Work on the £4million JD Wetherspoon pub and restaurant began in October, on the former Collingwood Hotel site.
You may also want to watch:
Wetherspoon chief executive John Hutson said they were looking forward to opening the new pub in the coming weeks.
“We have been keen to open in the town for a while and pleased that this is finally coming to fruition,” he said.
- 1 'No Fuel' - Panic buying and fuel shortages hit North Devon
- 2 £34,000 raised for plumber Jed Mason with stage four cancer in less than 48 hours
- 3 Celebrations as gate to Pilton's Manning's Pit officially opened
- 4 One of Bideford's oldest tea rooms sold at auction
- 5 Clubber denies headbutt assault in Barnstaple
- 6 Brunswick Wharf developer given grant money to fix quay wall
- 7 New details on Barnstaple town centre regeneration revealed
- 8 Opening of new nature reserve in Lynton
- 9 MISSING: Police search for David Kose from Ilfracombe
- 10 North Devon's largest private employer needs workers to expand
“We believe that the pub will be a great asset to the town and will hopefully act as a catalyst for other businesses to invest in the area.”