Ilfracombe Wetherspoon will now open in June
- Credit: Archant
New £4million pub and restaurant The Admiral Collingwood now scheduled to open on Tuesday, June 3.
The new Ilfracombe Wetherspoon is now due to open on Tuesday, June 3.
The Admiral Collingwood at the seafront was scheduled to open on Tuesday (May 20) but no reason has been given for the two week delay.
Recruitment for new staff is now well underway and it is expected some 70 jobs will be created.
Work on the £4million JD Wetherspoon pub and restaurant began in October, on the former Collingwood Hotel site.
You may also want to watch:
Wetherspoon chief executive John Hutson said they were looking forward to opening the new pub in the coming weeks.
“We have been keen to open in the town for a while and pleased that this is finally coming to fruition,” he said.
- 1 Northam Murder: 'Merciless' carer gets life for killing client who caught him stealing
- 2 Barnstaple Fair set to return for 2021 - 'May the show go on!'
- 3 Council bids for Levelling Up funding for Ilfracombe
- 4 Man dies after crash involving two lorries and a motorbike near Torrington
- 5 Man dies after 'single vehicle collision' on the A386
- 6 Northam Murder: Carer guilty of brutal murder of frail widow
- 7 MP opens new Northam Burrows Visitor Centre at Westward Ho!
- 8 Woman reportedly assaulted at Bideford park - Police seek witnesses
- 9 Huntsmen fined for digging badger sett near Chulmleigh
- 10 Evidence of damage found at Iron Age monument near Ilfracombe
“We believe that the pub will be a great asset to the town and will hopefully act as a catalyst for other businesses to invest in the area.”