Ilfracombe walkers head for Plymouth
TWO Ilfracombe men will be hitting the road again this April to raise money for injured servicemen by walking from the town to Plymouth. Terry Johnson and Ronald Powesland completed the 200-mile plus round trip last year on behalf of the Wessex 4X4 Respon
TWO Ilfracombe men will be hitting the road again this April to raise money for injured servicemen by walking from the town to Plymouth.
Terry Johnson and Ronald Powesland completed the 200-mile plus round trip last year on behalf of the Wessex 4X4 Response Association, of which Terry is a member.
This year the former member of the Army Catering Corps is keen to help another cause close to his heart and is seeking as much help and sponsorship as possible from the people and businesses of North Devon.
Along with donations for the charity, Terry and Ronald would like to hear from anyone who wishes to join them on their walk, which will set off from the Landmark Theatre in Ilfracombe on Saturday, April 10.
You may also want to watch:
They would also like to hear from anyone who could escort them along part of the route from Ilfracombe to Knowle with a suitable vehicle, preferably a minibus.
Their journey is expected to take about four days and will follow a route through Okehampton and Tavistock.
- 1 'No Fuel' - Panic buying and fuel shortages hit North Devon
- 2 £34,000 raised for plumber Jed Mason with stage four cancer in less than 48 hours
- 3 One of Bideford's oldest tea rooms sold at auction
- 4 Clubber denies headbutt assault in Barnstaple
- 5 Brunswick Wharf developer given grant money to fix quay wall
- 6 New details on Barnstaple town centre regeneration revealed
- 7 Barnstaple dealer says £3,100 stash in loft was poor quality
- 8 Celebrations as gate to Pilton's Manning's Pit officially opened
- 9 Opening of new nature reserve in Lynton
- 10 North Devon's largest private employer needs workers to expand
Anyone who would like to join them is asked to contact Terry as soon as possible in order for accommodation arrangements to be made.
If you would like to sponsor Terry or Ronald or to find out more, please contact Terry on 07957 249181.