Ilfracombe Street Pastors celebrate milestone
ILFRACOMBE Street Pastors are celebrating their second anniversary.
The group held its first AGM on Thursday January 13 with Street Pastors, local church leaders and members of the management committee were present. Also it was the launch of their own DVD which outlines their work.
“This was a particularly important milestone in the ongoing work of Street Pastors,” said Mike and Yvonne Norris, who jointly coordinate the project
There are currently 24 Street Pastors drawn from churches in town and villages across North Devon and since project began it seems the High Street in Ilfracombe has become a safer area, but the Street Pastors are not taking all the credit for this:
“The success of Street Pastors in Ilfracombe has been a joint partnership with all agencies that have a safer North Devon as their agenda,” added Mike and Yvonne.
You may also want to watch:
It is hoped that as more Street Pastors come on board, patrols will be able to start on Friday nights too and if there is a need areas such as Woolacombe can be covered during the summer months.
To find out more about Ilfracombe Street Pastors email email@example.com.
- 1 'Neglected' North Devon taxi firm challenged by councillors
- 2 Drink spiking crackdown after needle attack - Devon Police
- 3 Real ice rink coming to Barnstaple Christmas Village
- 4 £2.1m upgrade will provide space for 38 new North Devon jobs
- 5 Bideford's First Food and Drink Festival coming soon
- 6 People and businesses asked to join Barnstaple clean up
- 7 Devon health boss 'concerned' at low Covid booster uptake
- 8 Torrington woman rebuilds her life after devastating stroke
- 9 Barnstaple amateur rider achieves lifelong ambition
- 10 Good news for Combe Martin’s water quality