Ilfracombe Street Pastors celebrate milestone
ILFRACOMBE Street Pastors are celebrating their second anniversary.
The group held its first AGM on Thursday January 13 with Street Pastors, local church leaders and members of the management committee were present. Also it was the launch of their own DVD which outlines their work.
“This was a particularly important milestone in the ongoing work of Street Pastors,” said Mike and Yvonne Norris, who jointly coordinate the project
There are currently 24 Street Pastors drawn from churches in town and villages across North Devon and since project began it seems the High Street in Ilfracombe has become a safer area, but the Street Pastors are not taking all the credit for this:
“The success of Street Pastors in Ilfracombe has been a joint partnership with all agencies that have a safer North Devon as their agenda,” added Mike and Yvonne.
You may also want to watch:
It is hoped that as more Street Pastors come on board, patrols will be able to start on Friday nights too and if there is a need areas such as Woolacombe can be covered during the summer months.
To find out more about Ilfracombe Street Pastors email email@example.com.
- 1 Small-time drug dealer 'caught red-handed'
- 2 County Council Elections: Candidates for Torridge
- 3 12 countries announced on travel green list from May 17
- 4 Police appeal after Barnstaple brawl
- 5 County Council Elections: Candidates for North Devon
- 6 Dog Restrictions come into force on Westward Ho! Beach
- 7 Bideford paramedic compensated after winning victimisation claim
- 8 Big opening-day wins for Bideford and Braunton
- 9 Devon County Council Elections: Candidate lists for North Devon and Torridge
- 10 North Devon seconds look to bounce back from heavy defeat