Ilfracombe steps back in time
ILFRACOMBE Victorian Celebrations got under way on Saturday with a grand opening parade through the streets to the traditional Trinity Fair at the Vicarage. Elegantly dressed in their weekend best, numerous Victorians joined the procession, following Quee
ILFRACOMBE Victorian Celebrations got under way on Saturday with a grand opening parade through the streets to the traditional Trinity Fair at the Vicarage.
Elegantly dressed in their weekend best, numerous Victorians joined the procession, following Queen Victoria herself in her carriage plus full royal entourage.
Today (Wednesday) the Mayor of Ilfracombe and the Victorians invite all and sundry to the Mayor's Garden Party at Runnymede Bandstand on the seafront from 2.30pm.
You may also want to watch:
The suffragettes will be on the streets at noon tomorrow, as they declare war on men and demand the vote. At 8pm there will be a Mock Court at the Lantern in the High Street as Victorian miscreants are judged.
A Grand Victorian Ball is being held at the Landmark Pavilion on Friday at 7.30pm. Saturday comes to a close with the highly popular grand fireworks to music display at 10.15pm.
- 1 Real ice rink coming to Barnstaple Christmas Village
- 2 Torrington woman rebuilds her life after devastating stroke
- 3 Vandalism at Bideford's Brunswick Wharf development condemned
- 4 Cyclist left with ‘serious head injuries’ after incident in Bideford
- 5 £2.1m upgrade will provide space for 38 new North Devon jobs
- 6 Fangtastic half-term Halloween fun at Yeo Valley Woodland
- 7 Bid for £34 million to improve Devon's bus services submitted
- 8 North Devon architectural practice appoints new director
- 9 New app 'Dscvr' promoting North Devon town centres set to launch
- 10 Firework display set to return to Barnstaple Rugby Club for 2021
The celebration week ends with a final pageant on Sunday at 3pm along the seafront to the pier. For the full weekly programme and many more events, visit www.ilfracombevictoriancelebration.org.uk