Ilfracombe steps back in time
ILFRACOMBE Victorian Celebrations got under way on Saturday with a grand opening parade through the streets to the traditional Trinity Fair at the Vicarage. Elegantly dressed in their weekend best, numerous Victorians joined the procession, following Quee
ILFRACOMBE Victorian Celebrations got under way on Saturday with a grand opening parade through the streets to the traditional Trinity Fair at the Vicarage.
Elegantly dressed in their weekend best, numerous Victorians joined the procession, following Queen Victoria herself in her carriage plus full royal entourage.
Today (Wednesday) the Mayor of Ilfracombe and the Victorians invite all and sundry to the Mayor's Garden Party at Runnymede Bandstand on the seafront from 2.30pm.
You may also want to watch:
The suffragettes will be on the streets at noon tomorrow, as they declare war on men and demand the vote. At 8pm there will be a Mock Court at the Lantern in the High Street as Victorian miscreants are judged.
A Grand Victorian Ball is being held at the Landmark Pavilion on Friday at 7.30pm. Saturday comes to a close with the highly popular grand fireworks to music display at 10.15pm.
- 1 Yelland power station development set for approval despite 700 objections
- 2 Schizophrenic mugger sent to mental unit after Barnstaple robbery
- 3 Search for missing Ilfracombe woman Hannah Peacock continues
- 4 Crooked party leader with ties to Bideford was a serial conman
- 5 The boy in the tent Max Woosey receives prestigious award
- 6 Old Tannery in South Molton to be turned into new homes
- 7 Drug driver banned after crashing during chase through North Devon
- 8 Mercy for man who took part in Bideford Quay affray
- 9 Jail for toothache attacker in North Molton
- 10 Finance manager jailed for stealing almost £1m from Witheridge company
The celebration week ends with a final pageant on Sunday at 3pm along the seafront to the pier. For the full weekly programme and many more events, visit www.ilfracombevictoriancelebration.org.uk