Ilfracombe steps back in time
ILFRACOMBE Victorian Celebrations got under way on Saturday with a grand opening parade through the streets to the traditional Trinity Fair at the Vicarage. Elegantly dressed in their weekend best, numerous Victorians joined the procession, following Quee
ILFRACOMBE Victorian Celebrations got under way on Saturday with a grand opening parade through the streets to the traditional Trinity Fair at the Vicarage.
Elegantly dressed in their weekend best, numerous Victorians joined the procession, following Queen Victoria herself in her carriage plus full royal entourage.
Today (Wednesday) the Mayor of Ilfracombe and the Victorians invite all and sundry to the Mayor's Garden Party at Runnymede Bandstand on the seafront from 2.30pm.
You may also want to watch:
The suffragettes will be on the streets at noon tomorrow, as they declare war on men and demand the vote. At 8pm there will be a Mock Court at the Lantern in the High Street as Victorian miscreants are judged.
A Grand Victorian Ball is being held at the Landmark Pavilion on Friday at 7.30pm. Saturday comes to a close with the highly popular grand fireworks to music display at 10.15pm.
- 1 PICTURES: Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall visit The Burton at Bideford
- 2 Jewellery and cash stolen in Barnstaple burglary
- 3 Northam Murder: Accused carer told police he 'loved her to bits'
- 4 Rosemoor transforms into Wonderland for the summer holidays
- 5 Bideford man dies after Link Road crash near South Molton
- 6 PICTURES: Duchess of Cornwall visits Little Bridge House in Fremington
- 7 Britain’s most influential artists exhibit at The Burton at Bideford
- 8 GPs in Devon seeing more patients face-to-face than UK average
- 9 Northam widow was found half under her bed by carer
- 10 Plan to replace old North Devon Leisure Centre with housing submitted
The celebration week ends with a final pageant on Sunday at 3pm along the seafront to the pier. For the full weekly programme and many more events, visit www.ilfracombevictoriancelebration.org.uk