Ilfracombe steps back in time
ILFRACOMBE Victorian Celebrations got under way on Saturday with a grand opening parade through the streets to the traditional Trinity Fair at the Vicarage. Elegantly dressed in their weekend best, numerous Victorians joined the procession, following Quee
ILFRACOMBE Victorian Celebrations got under way on Saturday with a grand opening parade through the streets to the traditional Trinity Fair at the Vicarage.
Elegantly dressed in their weekend best, numerous Victorians joined the procession, following Queen Victoria herself in her carriage plus full royal entourage.
Today (Wednesday) the Mayor of Ilfracombe and the Victorians invite all and sundry to the Mayor's Garden Party at Runnymede Bandstand on the seafront from 2.30pm.
You may also want to watch:
The suffragettes will be on the streets at noon tomorrow, as they declare war on men and demand the vote. At 8pm there will be a Mock Court at the Lantern in the High Street as Victorian miscreants are judged.
A Grand Victorian Ball is being held at the Landmark Pavilion on Friday at 7.30pm. Saturday comes to a close with the highly popular grand fireworks to music display at 10.15pm.
- 1 Some North Devon GP surgeries to provide Covid vaccine clinics
- 2 Covid vaccine: Roll out continues but is North Devon being left out?
- 3 Exmoor Ramble legacy for legendary fundraiser as he battles terminal cancer
- 4 Weather warning of snow and ice for Devon this weekend
- 5 Farmer gets suspended sentence for tractor crash
- 6 Plans to merge North Devon and Exeter health trusts move forward
- 7 Barnstaple man’s 5k-a-day challenge for children’s hospice
- 8 Devon's Tiki surf brand is up for sale
- 9 Three more Covid deaths at North Devon District Hospital but cases are falling
- 10 Barnstaple man attacked his wife and neighbour after Christmas drink
The celebration week ends with a final pageant on Sunday at 3pm along the seafront to the pier. For the full weekly programme and many more events, visit www.ilfracombevictoriancelebration.org.uk