Ilfracombe smokers helped to kick the habit
New weekly clinic will offer help and advice to those wanting to stop smoking
SMOKERS in Ilfracombe are being offered a helping hand to give up the habit at a new clinic which starts this Thursday.
The free weekly clinic, run by Northern Devon Healthcare Trust, will be held at the Ilfracombe Centre, from 1pm to 4.30pm.
The one-to-one confidential support sessions are available to anyone over the age of 12.
Lyn Tehver, stop smoking advisor, said: “I am really pleased that we will now be able to offer support to give up smoking for good to Ilfracombe residents.
You may also want to watch:
“Research shows that you are four times more likely to give up with NHS support so it’s important that as many people as possible can access a local clinic.”
To make an appointment to attend the clinic or to find out more, call the service direct on (01884) 836024 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 North Devon's largest private employer needs workers to expand
- 2 'Controversial' plan to close mental health centres in North Devon
- 3 820 homes approved for Landkey despite council concern
- 4 Holidaymaker jailed for attacking partner in Ilfracombe
- 5 New Archdeacon of Barnstaple begins her role at special service in Bideford
- 6 North Devon optometrist highlights 'ticking timebomb' vision crisis
- 7 'Monster' jailed after abuse victim tells judge of his torment
- 8 Sale of Bideford's Brunswick Wharf completed
- 9 Great Big Green Week backed by North Devon Council
- 10 Man seriously injured at Appledore Quay - Witness Appeal