Ilfracombe skate park officially open for business
ILFRACOMBE’S new skate park was officially opened for business on Saturday and it is already proving a big hit with skate boarders of all ages.
The new facility at the former BMX track in Larkstone has been named The Benricks and was formally opened by North Devon Council Leader Councillor Des Brailey.
Following the ribbon cutting there professional skating demonstrations by the Vans skateboard display team, plus music and give-aways from two North Devon clothing companies.
The park was designed by Gravity Engineering Ltd with input from the Concrete Surfers Federation, the skate park committee, which managed to secure �56,000 towards it, with North Devon Council contributing a further �100,000.
Before cutting the ribbon Cllr Brailey paid tribute to the skaters of the CSF for their hard work and fund raising, as well as the council’s Community and Leisure department plus Leisure and Health Co-ordinator.
You may also want to watch:
Nathan Rutherford, CSF chairman, added: “We are so stoked with this park. It’s been such a good journey and resulted in this dream becoming reality – I want to thank North Devon Council, Transform and Gravity for making such a wonderful park.”
- 1 Man arrested after 'serious assault' outside Barnstaple nightclub
- 2 Drink driver banned after Ilfracombe Lidl crash
- 3 Assault and attempted robbery near Tarka Trail
- 4 Braunton assault leaves teen with 'serious head injuries' - witness appeal
- 5 Scream mask knifeman caused terror at Barnstaple play park
- 6 Contractor appointed to repair Rock Park Bridge
- 7 Man, 22, arrested after cyclist dies in Bideford crash
- 8 Yelland Quay development refused - Campaigners celebrate
- 9 North Devon benefit fiddler must cash in pension to repay the money
- 10 Plans to demolish and redevelop Barnstaple Civic Centre finally submitted