Ilfracombe skate park officially open for business
ILFRACOMBE’S new skate park was officially opened for business on Saturday and it is already proving a big hit with skate boarders of all ages.
The new facility at the former BMX track in Larkstone has been named The Benricks and was formally opened by North Devon Council Leader Councillor Des Brailey.
Following the ribbon cutting there professional skating demonstrations by the Vans skateboard display team, plus music and give-aways from two North Devon clothing companies.
The park was designed by Gravity Engineering Ltd with input from the Concrete Surfers Federation, the skate park committee, which managed to secure �56,000 towards it, with North Devon Council contributing a further �100,000.
Before cutting the ribbon Cllr Brailey paid tribute to the skaters of the CSF for their hard work and fund raising, as well as the council’s Community and Leisure department plus Leisure and Health Co-ordinator.
Nathan Rutherford, CSF chairman, added: “We are so stoked with this park. It’s been such a good journey and resulted in this dream becoming reality – I want to thank North Devon Council, Transform and Gravity for making such a wonderful park.”
- 1 MP Selaine backs plans for boost to workers' pensions
- 2 Rishi's thumbs up to £60m investment and 200 new jobs
- 3 Why Lorna gave up working from an office to build a business around passion for surfing
- 4 Village halls offered cash helping hand in Covid battle
- 5 Superb win on the road sets 2022 tone for Bideford
- 6 Small steps of hope for Bideford and Barnstaple
- 7 Popular character Joan dies at 92
- 8 Store giants say Merry Christmas 9,000 times over
- 9 OPINION: The North Devon Hospice has come so far
- 10 SWW warns: 'Don't be frozen out'