Ilfracombe skate park officially open for business
ILFRACOMBE’S new skate park was officially opened for business on Saturday and it is already proving a big hit with skate boarders of all ages.
The new facility at the former BMX track in Larkstone has been named The Benricks and was formally opened by North Devon Council Leader Councillor Des Brailey.
Following the ribbon cutting there professional skating demonstrations by the Vans skateboard display team, plus music and give-aways from two North Devon clothing companies.
The park was designed by Gravity Engineering Ltd with input from the Concrete Surfers Federation, the skate park committee, which managed to secure �56,000 towards it, with North Devon Council contributing a further �100,000.
Before cutting the ribbon Cllr Brailey paid tribute to the skaters of the CSF for their hard work and fund raising, as well as the council’s Community and Leisure department plus Leisure and Health Co-ordinator.
You may also want to watch:
Nathan Rutherford, CSF chairman, added: “We are so stoked with this park. It’s been such a good journey and resulted in this dream becoming reality – I want to thank North Devon Council, Transform and Gravity for making such a wonderful park.”
- 1 North Devon's largest private employer needs workers to expand
- 2 'Controversial' plan to close mental health centres in North Devon
- 3 North Devon optometrist highlights 'ticking timebomb' vision crisis
- 4 820 homes approved for Landkey despite council concern
- 5 Holidaymaker jailed for attacking partner in Ilfracombe
- 6 New Archdeacon of Barnstaple begins her role at special service in Bideford
- 7 North Devon Emergency Department in top ten for patient experience
- 8 Man seriously injured at Appledore Quay - Witness Appeal
- 9 Great Big Green Week backed by North Devon Council
- 10 Northam man who searched for child pornography sent on treatment course