Ilfracombe showcase for sea festival
SEA Ilfracombe is an exciting new festival planned for next September, but visitors will be able to see a preview tomorrow (Saturday).which celebrates Ilfracombes natural and marine history. The Sea Ilfracombe Showcase features exhibitions, performances,
SEA Ilfracombe is an exciting new festival planned for next September, but visitors will be able to see a preview tomorrow (Saturday).which celebrates Ilfracombes natural and marine history.
The Sea Ilfracombe Showcase features exhibitions, performances, an open day on The Balmoral, education projects, food trails including sea food sampling, gig demonstrations, yacht racing, rock pool rambles and look out for the shark infested waters.
All are welcome to come and sample the delights of the stunning seaside town as the Showcase Day will feature a host of activities and events suitable for the whole family.
A Food Trail offers people the chance to taste delicious local produce beginning at Damien Hirst's 11 The Quay and finishing with ice cream at the Landmark Theatre, calling in at S&P Fish Shop, Capstone Restaurant and Maddys Chippy on the way. Tickets at �4 per head or �12.50 for a family of four,can be purchased from The landmark Theatre or participating venues
You may also want to watch:
Special exhibitions will be on display at the Landmark Pavilion including Exeter University's study of marine life and the environment, North Devon+, the AONB photo competition, Imagery with Meaning, Lance Read's aerial views of North Devon, Airscape Devon, and a pictorial display of maritime life from the Museum.
There will be free music and entertainment all day at a variety of venues including the Prince of Wales (12pm to 2.30pm and 8pm to 10.30pm), on deck of The Balmoral (2pm to 4pm), in the Yacht Club (7pm to 8pm) and at the Landmark Pavilion (7.30pm to 10pm).
- 1 £34,000 raised for plumber Jed Mason with stage four cancer in less than 48 hours
- 2 One of Bideford's oldest tea rooms sold at auction
- 3 Barnstaple dealer says £3,100 stash in loft was poor quality
- 4 New details on Barnstaple town centre regeneration revealed
- 5 Brunswick Wharf developer given grant money to fix quay wall
- 6 Opening of new nature reserve in Lynton
- 7 Homeless man jailed after attacking Barnstaple soldier in McDonald's
- 8 North Devon's largest private employer needs workers to expand
- 9 MISSING: Police search for David Kose from Ilfracombe
- 10 Celebrations as gate to Pilton's Manning's Pit officially opened
Featured artists include Richard Grainger and Chris Parkinson performing traditional songs, Shake a Leg with their songs of the sea, Tom and Barbara Brown and their maritime inspired music, Martyn Babb hosting have-a-go singing sessions, local musical duo Pam n Al, and wondering storyteller Pirate Pat.
For further information please contact North Devon Theatres Box Office on 01271 32 42 42 or visit http://www.northdevontheatres.org.uk