Ilfracombe shop wants old phones for record attempt
THE Scope shop in Ilfracombe is calling on local people to hand in their old mobile phones and help the charity set a new world record at the same time. Scope is asking anyone who received a swish new mobile for Christmas to donate their old handset to ch
THE Scope shop in Ilfracombe is calling on local people to hand in their old mobile phones and help the charity set a new world record at the same time.
Scope is asking anyone who received a swish new mobile for Christmas to donate their old handset to charity by dropping it in to the Ilfracombe Scope shop between Friday, January 8 and Friday 15.
The charity has teamed up with recycling partner Redeem Plc and hopes to break the Guinness World Record for collecting the greatest number of used mobile phones donated in one week.
Scope receives a cash donation for every phone donated, to help continue its work on behalf of disabled people, but only those phones received during the week of January 9-15 will count as part of the record attempt.
You may also want to watch:
It is estimated that there are more than one million old handsets gathering dust in cupboards and drawers in Devon alone.
"We are calling on people to dig out their old phones - and help us ring in the changes for Scope's work with disabled people," said area manager Nick Mitchell.
- 1 Volunteers come together to spruce up Barnstaple Train Station
- 2 New home grown manager for South Molton Swimming Pool
- 3 New council led leisure company Active Torridge appoints director
- 4 Homeless man jailed after attacking Barnstaple soldier in McDonald's
- 5 Murder investigation launched in Bideford after woman found dead
- 6 Appeal launched to raise £100,000 for new play equipment in Bideford
- 7 More than 530 nights in a tent - Max Woosey wins Young Hero Award
- 8 7 top tips to help you find the perfect wedding venue
- 9 North Devon's Amy Riley takes her motorsports dream to next level
- 10 Equestrian star celebrates with sporting royalty
"Don't put recycling on hold and dump your phone, donate it to Scope instead! Every phone counts and will bring us a step closer to achieving a new world record breaker.