Ilfracombe shop owner appeals after front door smashed
- Credit: Archant
Shop was due to open on Wednesday but owner was horrified to find glass door smashed this weekend.
AN Ilfracombe businesswoman is appealing for witnesses to come forward after the front door to her brand new shop was smashed.
The Cotton Tree in Fore Street is not even due to open until Wednesday, but Lucy Aldridge was shocked to find the glass pane of her door broken on Saturday morning.
Lucy, the former manager of the Barnstaple North Devon Hospice Shop, said the police were already at the shop when she arrived.
“Luckily nothing had been taken and they have not been into the shop,” she said.
You may also want to watch:
“The CCTV shows a few other people walking around and past the shop near to the time that it happened, around 2:46am.
“Any more information from any of these people would be much appreciated.”
- 1 820 homes approved for Landkey despite council concern
- 2 Northam man who searched for child pornography sent on treatment course
- 3 PICTURES: Women 'Walk Taller Than The Trees' at Nightwalk 2021
- 4 Man seriously injured at Appledore Quay - Witness Appeal
- 5 PICTURES: Bideford 10k is back for 2021
- 6 Torridge launches Waste and Recycling Roadshows
- 7 Tributes paid to North Devon librarian Ian Tansley
- 8 Arts Council England announces support for North Devon
- 9 Dolton remembers resident Rolling Stone Charlie Watts
- 10 Sale of Bideford's Brunswick Wharf completed
Anyone who can help police with their enquiries can contact non emergency number 101 quoting crime reference CI/13/1337.